Finance Officer, NOB, Temporary-Appointment, Nairobi- Kenya (Open to Kenya Nationals Only)
The overall goal of this engagement is to mitigate financial and programmatic risks linked to the HSS grant. Specifically UNICEF seeks to achieve the following objectives: 1. Effective management of the HSS grant on behalf of the GAVI and the Government of Kenya 2. Enhanced capacity of MOH to manage GAVI grant(s).
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child,
UNICEF Kenya's Programme of Cooperation with the Government of Kenya (2014 - 2018) is based on supporting the Government and partners to create an inclusive, protective, healthy and learning environment for children. The Health Programme aims to increase national and local capacity to develop and implement evidence based policies to fulfill the rights of children and women to access affordable and quality health care. More specifically, the programme aims to increase access and use of evidence based quality maternal and child health services and to support the Government of Kenya to achieve the health related Millennium Development Goals.
How can you make a difference?
As Finance Officer, you will:
The Finance Officer will provide support to MOH in applying the HSS grants as part of the project Coordination team based at MOH EPI program. Reporting to the Project Coordinator appointed by the MOH the program and supported by UNICEF GAVI HSS programme manager, she/he will support the following:
- Development of detailed implementation plans and budgets for HSS
- Development of detailed implementation and deployment plans of the CCEOP
- Review county work plans
- Contribute to Monitoring of implementation of planned activities including for equipment procured under CCEOP
- Contribute to reporting on the grant.
- Any other duties assigned by the project coordinator
This assignment is linked to UNDAF Outcome 2.2; UNICEF Country Program Document (CPD) Outcome 7 and Output 4.2
- Work relationships:
- The staff will work under the direct supervision of the the Project Coordinator appointed by the MOH the program and supported by UNICEF GAVI HSS programme manager
- The assignment will be for a period of 12 months
To qualify as a/an [champion or advocate] for every child you will have…
- University degree in Accounting , Financial Management or other related financial field.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2017-05-02