Emergency Nutrition Officer (Temporary Appointment), NOB; Cox's Bazar, (Only for Bangladeshi)
PURPOSE: Under the general supervision of the Emergency Nutrition Officer provides professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the nutrition programs/projects within the Country Program from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program tasks to facilitate program development, implementation, and program progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting of results. This will include capacity development of both current and new local partners/stakeholders. The Nutrition Officer will work closely with the Nutrition Officer and Chief-Field Office, Chittagong UNICEF Field Office, and the National Nutrition Cluster Coordinator and Nutrition Section’s Focal person, and Field Services Section of UNICEF Country Office in Dhaka.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support to program development and planning:
- Conduct/update situation analysis for the program sector/s for development, design and management of nutrition related programs/projects.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of sectoral program goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through analysis of nutrition needs and areas for intervention and submission of recommendations for priority and goal setting.
- Program management, monitoring and delivery of results:
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess programs/projects and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of program management.
- Monitor and report on the use of sectoral program resources (financial, administrative and other assets), verify compliance with approved allocation/goals, organizational rules, regulations/procedures and donor commitments, standards of accountability and integrity. Report on issues identified to ensure timely resolution by management/stakeholders. Follow up on unresolved issues to ensure resolution.
- Prepare regular/mandated sectoral program/project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress
- 3. Technical and operational support to program implementation:
- Provide technical and operational support for emergency nutrition preparedness and response
- Conduct regular program field visits and surveys and/or exchange information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support, take appropriate action to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices on nutrition and related issues to support program implementation, operations and delivery of results.
- 4. Networking and partnership building:
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with nutrition sector government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate program implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve program goals and social justice, equity and rights of mothers, new-born and children.
- Participate in appropriate inter-agency coordination meetings/events on programming to collaborate with inter-agency partners/colleagues on operational planning and preparation of nutrition programs/projects MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
University Degree or higher in nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology or other health related science field is required.
- Work Experience
A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care at the international level and/or in a developing country is required. Experience in health/nutrition program/project development in UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Language Proficiency
Fluency in English and Bangla.
- i) Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Core Competencies (Required)
- Drive for Result
- Working With People
- Functional Competencies (Required)
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Applying technical expertise
- Planning and organizing
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Cox's Bazaar
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Health service
- Health service
- Humanitarian Aid
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-05-20