Service Quality Manager, Global Shared Services Centre, P-4, Budapest, Hungary
The Service Quality Manager will ensure the highest level of service performance within the GSSC.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development.
The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
UNICEF's Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary supporting UNICEF operations globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
The Service Management unit in the GSSC oversees client relationship management, service performance management, change management and is tasked to promote an environment of continuous improvement in all global service delivery areas through analysis of its processes, technology, and staff capacity to determine opportunities to improve performance and efficiency; strategic planning and monitoring.
Purpose of the Position
The Service Quality Manager will lead the conceptualization, planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation of a Change Management strategy to promote and support change initiatives linked to business improvement initiatives and innovation involving the GSSC, Headquarters, Regional Offices and Country Offices, to ensure the highest level of service performance within the GSSC, supporting UNICEF offices globally with GSSC-led change initiatives.
This role is responsible for the oversight of the service delivery performance, improvement and cost efficiency in all areas and established service level agreements ("SLAs"), monitoring and analyzing SLA data metrics. This role ensures the Service Catalogue is complete and maintained to accurately reflect all SLAs and conduct GSSC and Office performance analytics in support of behavior change.
The Service Quality Manager supports the identification, evaluation, prioritization and implementation of continuous improvements initiatives for the GSSC and across UNICEF offices focusing on end to end processes, cost effectiveness and efficiency. This role is also responsible for developing and managing processes to support the service level programme such as root-cause analysis, end to end service performance management, and service quality improvement.
Key Accountabilities and Tasks
Strategic Thinking and Analytics
• Support the Chief of Service Quality Management in establishing cost effective and efficient systems and processes for service level quality management and performance measurement in the GSSC and across offices globally
• Support the creation of a transparent end to end service and performance management model based on trust and partnership
• Assist in the development of the GSSC annual and strategic plans/Office Management Plan and support demand planning and the budgeting process
• Review and analyze office and GSSC performance in support of management decisions including adoption and behaviour change related to business improvement initiatives
Change Management and Continuous Improvement (CI)
• Perform change impact analysis within the GSSC, HQ, Regional and Country Offices
• Create, foster and implement change management initiatives led by the GSSC, focusing on the efficiency and effectiveness such that planned results are achieved
• Support and coach Change Agents and key Subject Matter Experts in order to gain organizational buy-in
• Support identification, evaluation, and prioritization of end to end continuous business process improvement projects
• Provide programme management support for approved CI projects
• Coordinate with colleagues at the GSSC, HQ, Regional and Country Office levels on communication activities that support a managed change process and encourages adoption
• Maintain the GSSC service level program, service catalogue and service level agreements and ensure oversight of the service delivery performance, improvement and cost efficiency in all areas
• Continuously evolve the SLA Program and service catalogue with changing GSSC client needs
• Participate in internal and external discussions regarding scope and the measurement and monitoring of related SLAs.
• Support the Transaction Processing Groups in the GSSC in review and analysis related to proposed changes to services and scope
• Recognize and communicate potential service-level issues and risks to supervisor
Business Relationship Management
• Implement monthly and quarterly SLA performance reviews with clients
• Coordinate SLA target setting and maintenance
• Monitor and escalate performance concerns (bi-directional) identified by the GSSC or clients. Serve as escalation point for major escalated service delivery issues
• Administer periodic client satisfaction surveys; analyze results and use as input into SLA reviews
• Work cooperatively with clients to encourage compliance with the two-way accountabilities established in the SLAs
• Provide Support to business improvement and simplification initiatives at the GSSC and client office level
Performance Management and Reporting
• Collect, analyze, and report on key performance metrics according to defined SLAs and other operational targets
• Provide performance "readouts" for supervisor and GSSC management
• Understand how metrics are calculated and educate others
• Define IT requirements for performance reporting; maintain and update reports and scorecards
• Receive and prioritize ad hoc reporting requests
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
• Advanced university degree in business administration, economics, statistics, data science, behavior change or other relevant field is required.
• A minimum of eight years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in service quality management, change management, business improvement, implementation, performance management, and analytics is required.
• Experience with UNICEF or in United Nations context is required.
• Certification or work experience in Change Management is required.
• Previous experience with shared services or business support center is highly desirable.
• Experience with service level programs and service process evaluation is preferred.
• Background in statistics or analytics, with an understanding of root-cause analysis, is desirable.
• Experience monitoring Key Performance Indicators and overseeing Service Level Agreements is preferred.
• Previous hands-on experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of ERP Systems (i.e. SAP) is an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
• Diversity and inclusion
• Communication (II)
• Working with People (II)
• Drive for Results (II)
• Leading and Supervising (III)
• Planning and Organizing (III)
• Applying Technical Expertise (III)
• Learning and Researching (III)
• Adapting and Responding to Change (III)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Onboarding/Reassignment dates will be determined on a case-by-case basis and per business needs of the Centre.
This is a re-advertisement of Service Quality Manager, P-4. Candidates from the previous advertisement will not need to re-apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Budapest
- Grade: P-4, International Professional - Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-05-07