Director of Research/Sr. Technical Advisor for Countering Violent Extremism, Bangladesh
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Director of Research/Sr Technical Advisor for Countering Violent Extremism (CVE), Bangladesh.
The Director of Research/Sr. Technical Advisor for CVE will serve as the primary project expert on CVE. He/she will be a focal point for information, theory, best practices for USAID and U.S. Embassy staff. He/she will be provided direction by USAID for solicitations of CVE relevant and informed activities, along with directing and designing grant awards. The Director of Research/Sr. Technical Advisor for CVE will be frequently called upon to directly brief USAID, U.S. Embassy, other donors, and Government interlocutors on the latest knowledge on CVE research and analysis.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provides technical and scientific leadership to those designing and implementing technical CVE strategies, programs, and/or tools
- Provides technical CVE advice based on expertise and knowledge of evidence-based methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design
- Collaborates with think tanks, universities, and researchers in Bangladesh engaged in research on drivers of violent extremism and on identifying new approaches to countering growing threats
- Directs and oversees the grant application process for awards to local and international organizations carrying out CVE activities; evaluates application design and protocol development to ensure design is sound and based on evidence-based practice
- Liaises with and coordinates with a diverse group of organizations, including appropriate ministries and other GoB agencies, national and international development partner organizations, and the USAID mission; maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations
- Represents the program to external entities at professional meetings and conferences
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) that includes participation in research activities and the presentation of research products to a peer reviewed event or journal
- Minimum of ten years of experience in research related to conflict, peace-building, stabilization, and/or countering violent extremism.
- Previously organized the solicitation, design, and dissemination of research to a broad community of stakeholders.
- Provided extensive technical direction and expertise to stakeholders in countering violent extremism, mitigating conflict, and/or peacebuilding.
- Strongly familiar with best practices, approaches, and methodology in programming related to countering violent extremism.
- Familiarity working with government stakeholders and providing policy briefings tailored towards policy-makers.
- Fluency in English with full comprehension and a demonstrated capability to conduct advanced research, reporting, and analyses in English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-05-20