Education Program Assistant
Education Programme Assistant
We are looking for a highly qualified individual to fill-in the vacancy of Education Programme Assistant to work in Damascus under employment contract.
Who are we?
DRC has been working in the MENA region since 2003 and is currently one of the few international organizations registered and operating legally in the countries of Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Turkey, Libya and Jordan. Since 2013, DRC has been operating as the largest INGO responding to the Syrian crisis in Syria and Lebanon and has assisted over 1 million refugees and IDPs a year. DRC has been actively operating in Syria since 2008, mainly supporting refugees. In June 2012, DRC was authorized by the Syrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) to expand its humanitarian efforts and provide assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable resident population countrywide. Since then, DRC activities have been focused on NFI distributions, Shelter, WASH, Protection, Education, Livelihood and Mine Risk Education in six Governorates (Damascus, Rural Damascus, Dara'a, Aleppo, Hama, and Homs).
About the job
This job is based in Damascus with regular travel to Daraa, Rural Damascus, Homs, Hama, Aleppo.
The Education Programme Assistant, in coordination and cooperation with the supporting staff, and supervised by the Education Programme Officer, is substantially expected to:
Provide professional expertise, operational, and administrative assistance for the education programme development, as well as different tasks as delegated by Education Programme Officer, Coordinator, and/or PM.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To handle the office administrative tasks.
- To assist in planning the programme activities as well as developing relevant criterion for programme implementation.
- To contribute to needs assessment and data collection for relevant educational activities.
- To represent DRC’s Q.E programme in workshops, meetings, and at the schools; reflecting thus DRC’s image and values.
- To provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support results-based planning, monitoring and evaluating results.
- To contribute to the development of education programme goals, objectives, strategies, detailed work plan/timelines and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis and reporting of education and other related data and information.
- To contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the programme activities through conducting field visits and surveys, and reporting accordingly.
- To work closely with internal and external colleagues and partners to collect/analyse/share information on programme delivery and progress, suggest practical solutions for programmatic challenges.
- To report (verbally) on a daily basis to the Education Officer about the program activities’ progress and challenges.
- To handle correspondences from and to MoE both in Arabic and English.
- When needed/required, to attend the coordination meetings organized by different actors.
- To participate in reviewing and updating project implementation formats to ensure efficiency.
- To participate in weekly and / or as otherwise needed - meetings with QE staff.
- To prepare, as requested/needed, weekly and monthly activity report in English.
- To contribute to the smooth implementation of remedial education and free exam classes.
- To identify and prepare for relevant workshops / trainings on educational activities – in close coordination with colleagues.
- To contribute to the implementation of awareness raising campaigns as defined by needs assessments.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- University degree in Education, Social Sciences or related technical field
- Minimum one year of professional experience in programme design, administration, monitoring and evaluation or related field.
- Good command of the English language
- Prior or recent working experience with international NGOs or UN agencies is an advantage
- Full respect for client/organization confidentiality is a definite pre-requisite
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with flexibility and respect for all team members
DRC will offer the successful applicant a six month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff for the Assistant level.
Interested? Then apply for this position, go to https://drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies,search for this vacancy and click on "Apply for position". All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV in the same language as the vacancy note. Applications close on the 6th of May 2017.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo