WaSH Program Manager
Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expatriates and more than 5,000 local employees are working for Action Against Hunger in more than 46 countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation. Learn more about us !
In charge of the monitoring and supervision of all Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH) projects in South Lebanon (2 or more), organizing, following-up and building the capacities of the project teams, ensuring that activities are met according to the contractual agreements and the quality standards of Action Against Hunger
- Technical advice and guidance on WaSH projects
- To promote the comprehension and support the implementation of WaSH strategy in the intervention area.
- Participation to stakeholders’ coordination
- Team Management
- Reporting and Capitalisation
- Admin/Finance/Log (in coordination with Log/Admin)
Want more details ? Check the job description
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing and implementing WaSH systems in private, development and/or humanitarian projects (with Action Against Hunger preferable).
- Degree and/or Master Degree in water Engineering, Hydrology or in humanitarian action or any related field, with special focus on Programme Cycle Management.
- Significant experience in working in collaboration with local partners, government bodies, INGOs and donor agencies;
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle management;
- Ability to identify possible new activities and elaborate proposals for new projects, as well as the ability to report adequately to donors and headquarters.
- Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel.
- Gender approach acknowledgement would be an asset.
Salary and benefits
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 6 months, renewable
- Base: Beirut.
- Salary: from 1,375 € to 1,750 € gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain). Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by Action Against Hunger)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including perdiem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain)
Please apply online (CV and Cover Letter needed)
Link : https://hris.acf-e.org/employ/index.php/positions/view/492/Wash-Program-...
Note : the position may close before the deadline as we need someone ASAP
- Organization: Action Against Hunger
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: 2017-05-02