Finance Assistant - Internal Ad - Jerusalem
Sankt Michael im Burgenland
The Finance assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the Finance functions responsibilities. She/he will be assisting the finance department in NRC WB with but not limited to cash and bank payments.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Job description1. Check all supporting documents of payments to make sure that they are complete, correct and in compliance with NRC rules and regulations.
2. Prepare cheques and bank transfers for West bank Office on a timely manner and ensure that that cash payments are correctly recorded in cashboxes.
3. Prepare Post backs and Posting invoices through Agresso after being checked by line Supervisor
4. Prepare monthly tax, HI and NI payment slips and other obligations for payments
5. Prepare payments of rental contracts according to the rental contracts.
6. Prepare Weekly reconciliation of banks for West bank office
7. Updating Tracking sheets such Utilities Tracking Sheet
8. Assist in photocopying, scanning, and archiving documents in the file systems for the Finance Department.
9. Stamp all invoices by Paid and donor Stamps
10. Assist the Finance Officer in her work With auditors
11. Assist the Logistics Department in providing financial data in relation to Cost Assessments and procurement plans.
QualificationsGeneric professional competencies:
• from working as a Finance Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous from working in complex and volatile contexts
• At least 3 years of in accountancy
• Good command of English and Arabic, both written and orally
- Finance / Economics
- Education title: Finance - Accounting
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
Personal qualitiesContext/ Specific skills, knowledge and :
• Relevant work with Agresso is desirable
• with computers, particularly Excel and database programmes.
• Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
• Ability to work under pressure and independently
We offerAccording to NRC Salary scale and Terms of Employment
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Sankt Michael im Burgenland
- Grade: Services and Support
- Emergency Aid
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2017-04-28