Gender and Inclusive Development Specialist
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Gender and Inclusive Development Specialist
FHI 360 seeks a Gender and Inclusive Development Specialist for a USAID/Rwanda Activity that seeks to increase off-farm employment opportunities through enhanced access to finance, increased private investment, expanded reach of entrepreneurship support organizations, increased capacity of firms to attract and use finance, and deepened finance sector capacity to assess risk and increase return. The Gender and Inclusive Development Specialist will provide overall guidance and technical expertise on inclusive development to ensure complete integration of gender (female and male) messaging are incorporated in all aspects of programming and social and behavior change communications.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to the Chief of Party and field staff on inclusion and gender issues across all program areas;
- Conduct gender analysis at project outset and incorporate findings in Activity work plan and baseline data for on-going monitoring and learning purposes;
- In cooperation with the Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning//Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Advisor to select and create custom gender-related indicators, and assist in analyzing outcomes for learning and adapting purposes;
- Develop a Gender Strategy and Integration Plan for the Activity;
- Develop and deliver training project staff and relevant stakeholders on inclusion-related issues, tools and approaches, and conduct awareness raising initiatives;
- Deliver technical assistance to stakeholders to build capacity around development of inclusive practices and policies;
- Incorporate gender and inclusion issues in all activities, including the analysis of policies and legislation and advocacy;
- Work closely with field and HQ staff, including Chief of Party, communications and technical specialists to develop appropriate content delivery via various dissemination channels; and
- Develop annual project work plans in collaboration with field staff, and contribute inputs to all donor related reporting mechanisms.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in gender and inclusive development programming;
- Previous experience conducting gender related assessments and demonstrated experience developing and integrating inclusive-related content and messaging in communications, tools and training materials, and in project activities across all technical components;
- Experience in training, capacity building, advocacy and outreach;
- USAID experience preferred;
- University degree in women’s studies, anthropology or international development/relations.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Kigali
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Gender Mainstreaming
- Closing Date: 2017-05-24