Project Director/Chief of Party
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Project Director/Chief of Party
FHI360 seeks a Project Director/Chief of Party for a USAID/Rwanda Activity that seeks to increase off-farm employment opportunities through enhanced access to finance, increased private investment, expanded reach of entrepreneurship support organizations, increased capacity of firms to attract and use finance, and deepened finance sector capacity to assess risk and increase return. The Chief of Party will oversee project implementation, provide the technical vision and approach and manage the project team and partners, foster partnerships with formal and informal financial institutions and service providers to farmer associations, women and youth groups and community based groups. He/she will ensure the project complies with award terms and conditions, USAID policies and regulations, and systems are in place to mitigate risk of fraud, waste and abuse. The Chief of Party will have primary responsibility for liaising with USAID and other stakeholders in Rwanda.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of program implementation and management; stakeholder coordination with USAID and Government of Rwanda counterparts, and financial institutions; and ensure overall project quality, results, and compliance
- Provide strategic leadership to the design and implementation of the Activity and oversees program planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Ensure optimal use of human, financial, and physical resources to successfully meet project milestones, objectives, deliverables and targets
- Provide leadership and management to ensure that all projects activities are executed in line with and meet the technical standards and expectations of FHI 360 and its donors and supporters. Ensure timely, high-quality and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to monitor the implementation of projects, including progress toward achieving objectives and targets with high-quality and on-time performance
- Provide effective oversight to all financial and administrative functions undertaken by the program to ensure efficient and effective administrative support
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with FHI 360 standard operating procedures, donor policies and regulations, and national policies and laws
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with credit and financial institutions, representatives from the Government of Rwanda, donors, and other implementing and collaborating partners
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings, impact, innovations, and lessons learned
- Oversee strategies and interventions to ensure excellence and accountability to beneficiaries and USAID
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of enterprise support organizations and financial institutions.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years with project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
- Experience operating in insecure environments.
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Kigali
- Grade: Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2017-05-24