Grade IS – 1 Duty station Songdo, Incheon - Korea Contract type 3 years Number of posts 1 Recruitment type International
Unit Division of Mitigation and Adaptation Closing date 17 May 2017 Reporting to Adaptation Coordinator Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/186 The Green Climate Fund (“the Fund”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, considering the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change. The Fund will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Fund is governed by a Board, composed of an equal representation of developed and developing countries; the Board oversees the operation of all relevant components of the Fund. The Fund is serviced by an independent Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board and headed by an Executive Director. The Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board, is responsible for the day -to-day management of the Fund, and is located at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, in the Republic of Korea.
The Fund is seeking an exceptional person who will take up the challenge of joining a high-performing organization at the leading edge of the financing of climate action in developing countries.
The Portfolio Analyst in the Division of Mitigation and Adaptation will be responsible for managing the flow of data concerning the concept notes and funding proposal pipeline of the Division. This implies interaction with ICT unit and management of the re ports and dashboard related to the portfolio of projects and programmes that are both approved by the Board and submitted as funding proposals. S/he will also assist any other tasks as deemed necessary.Duties and responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Adaptation Coordinator, s/he will be responsible for:
• Manage the data entry for what concerns concept notes and funding proposals submitted by the accredited entities and National Designated Authorities for consideration. These include tracking of budget amounts, results areas and core indicators among other data to be extracted from the funding proposals and concept notes, ensuring the eligibility of the newly submitted, and channeling them to the corresponding divisions; • In coordination with the ICT unit, to assure that the management information system of the Secretariat is improved as to serve the portfolio management need of the Division;
• Regularly update the Director and the member of the Division on the status of the project/programme portfolio;
• Prepare regular reports and lead the preparation of relevant Board document such as the Status of the Fund portfolio and coordinate with Private Sector Facility and Country Programming Division for consolidated information on the overall Fund’s pipeline portfolio;
• Provide, when requested dashboards, charts and Powerpoint presentations, with updated information on the public sector projects/programmes status; and
• Support any additional analytical and operational tasks as assigned by the Director. Expected experience and qualifications
• Master’s degree in political science, economics, statistics, sustainable development, environmental sciences, or related fields;
• Two (2) years of relevant work experience in data management;
• Experience in an international setting, and ability to work independently and take initiative in response to the Fund's needs;
• Excellent business writing and presentation skills;
• Ability to articulate complex issues verbally and in writing in a concise manner;
• Strong competence and autonomy in the use of standard software programmes: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
• Planning & organizing
• Client orientation
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Portfolio Analyst”
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon
- Grade: Junior
- Climate Change
- Closing Date: 2017-05-17