VN 2017/96 (P) - Senior Programme Coordinator (P4) - IOM Libya in Tunis Tunisia
Position Title Senior Programme Coordinator
Duty Station : IOM Libya in Tunis, Tunisia
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 07 May 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
3. External female candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) of IOM Libya, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of programmes implementation and support activities including project development, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), reporting and media outreach, donor relations and staff supervision.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. In coordination with the CoM develop, clarify and contribute to IOM's overall mandate and strategy through project development and implementation in Libya with appropriate consultation with the Regional Office, Headquarters, Member State and other relevant actors. 2. Monitor and assess programmes implementation, modalities and services and guide project officers in implementation.
3. Liaise with government counterparts and the donors, as well as diplomatic missions, Page 1 / 4international organizations, and NGOs.
4. Establish teams and provide supervision, guidance and direction to all portfolio managers based in Libya and Tunis.
5. Maintain working relationships at the operational level with relevant government authorities and other institutions in the overall direction and implementation of the projects. 6. Ensure compliance with IOM and donor regulations and obligations as indicated in the funding agreements, project documents, work plans and budgets, with an emphasis on timely and accurate reporting.
7. Coordinate and manage all the administrative, personnel and financial aspects of the projects in close coordination with the mission Resource Management Unit. Ensure that the operations follow established administrative, financial and procurement policies of the Organization. 8. Review the overall direction and strategy of the programme for effectiveness on a regular basis, and build linkages with other IOM programmes in the region and services in Headquarters.
9. Represent the organization and give presentations related to programmatic areas of the mission and organization at national and international conferences and meetings as needed by both the projects and the mission.
10. Carry out initiatives to promote IOMs image and to increase the level of IOM activities in the country.
11. Formulate project ideas with Chief of Mission, Project Managers, Head of offices and donors and develop proposals based on identified needs in coordination with relevant Regional Thematic Specialists as appropriate.
12. Ensure regular information/reports (including narrative and financial) are compiled for HQs, Donor(s), key stakeholders and press officers (as appropriate).
13. Contribute to building the capacities of IOM staff in the thematic areas through job mentoring.
14. Assist CoM in formulating country and regional strategies, policies and approaches. 15. Respond to inquiries from Headquarters, donors, partners and network of IOM regional offices in issues related to IOM Libya programs.
16. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Business Administration, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in the field of migration issues including operational and field experience, project development / management;
Page 2 / 4• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with national, and international institutions;
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation;
• Knowledge and experience of regional issues an advantage;
• Previous experience working with IOM and with UN specialized agencies an advantage. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
1. With possible relocation to Libya if and when the situation is conducive.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 07 May 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Page 3 / 4For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 24.04.2017 to 07.05.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/96 (P) - Senior Programme Coordinator (P4) - IOM Libya in Tunis Tunisia (55040773) Released
Posting: Posting NC55043983 (55043983) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Tripoli
- Grade: P-4, International Professional
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-05-07