VN 2017/03 (GS) - Operations Assistant (G6) - Geneva, Switzerland
Open to Internal Candidates Only Position Title Operations Assistant
Duty Station :Geneva, Switzerland Classification General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 08 May 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Only internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Movement Management Manager in coordination with the Chief, Resettlement and Movement Management and overall guidance of the Director Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), the successful candidate will be responsible for coordination and Implementation of Movement Management Policies and Procedures; providing technical support to Operations staff, monitoring the application the regulations outline in the Handbook of Airline Tariffs (HIT) and the Movement Management tools.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Liaise, communicate and coordinate on a daily basis with relevant IOM missions, international agencies, voluntary and Government agencies on all operational matters relevant to refugee resettlement, family reunification and other types of movements.
2. Monitor the correct Implementation of the Movement Management procedures & guidelines outlined in the Movement Management Manual (MMM) and the IOM negotiated fares as defined in Handbook of Airline Tariffs (HIT), and provide guidance to the Operations staff in the field Mission.
3. Coordinate and implement the Movement Management aspects of the Swiss Voluntary Returns programme (SWISSREPART) in coordination with IOM Bern, who are providing the Migrant Assistances for the Programme.
4. Handle the Swiss Family re-unification programme for all cases to Switzerland and monitor proper recording of the costs by the field missions.
5. Prepare the necessary relevant documentation relating to specific transportation arrangements such as Advance Booking Notification (ABN), Departure notifications, iGATOR Ticket Order Records (TORs) and maintenance of dossiers.
Page 1 / 46. Review and monitor proper usage of Movement management tools by all operations staff worldwide; follow-up on responses to Queues (airline messages) in the Carrier Reservation System (Amadeus); the ordering of the tickets and subsequent recording of the relevant information in Migrant Management Operational Systems Application (MIMOSA) and Integrated Global Airline Ticket Order Record (iGATOR).
7. Liaise with Amadeus service provider and deliver Amadeus Training (Beginner and Advanced) to Operations staff as required and coordinate for access credentials and system user roles and trouble shoot all Amadeus related issues.
8. Assist in the Training for the Movement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Handbook of International Tariffs (HIT) as well as iGATOR, and provide the required post training support/assistance.
9. Calculate the Promissory Notes levels for the US Government.
10. Administer urgent movements and serve as the Focal point for all IOM Passengers stranded in EU Transit points to disseminate information to the relevant parties and re-booking/re-routing as necessary.
11. Assist the Humanitarian Evacuation Cell (HEC) with Charter flights movement management. 12. Coordinate movement for select cases, determined by the Programme Managers, on behalf of field offices and for cases departing from Switzerland.
13. Provide Airport assistance at Geneva Airport and monitor assistance at Yurich Airport by the service provider (Check Port); Review/verify the Invoice for assistance provided by check port on a monthly basis and coordinate settlement in a timely manner.
14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Business or Public Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant experience; or
• Completed High school / Secondary school education with six years of relevant experience. Experience
• Experience in movement management, of which three years working as an air ticket agent (airline or travel agency);
• Good writing, communications and negotiation skills; good analytical skills; • Good organizational and administrative skills:
• Good knowledge of the Carrier Reservation System Amadeus;
• Advanced knowledge and general understanding of computerized information systems; • Thorough knowledge of the Movement Management Tools; Amadeus, MiMOSA and iGATOR. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage. Note
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Switzerland or within commuting distance in Page 2 / 4neighbouring France will be considered.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 08 May 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Page 3 / 4From 25.04.2017 to 08.05.2017
Requisition: VN 2017/03 (GS) - Operations Assistant (G6) - Geneva, Switzerland (55045322) Released Posting: Posting NC55045327 (55045327) Released
Page 4 / 4
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: GS-6, General Service
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-05-08