Hub Livelihoods Trainer and Coach (National Contract)
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading global displacement agency working in 40 countries, in conjunction with our specialist mine action unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG), which has been working in Afghanistan since 1999. DRC commenced operations in Afghanistan in 2011 and is today a leading actor in humanitarian response with membership of the Humanitarian Country Team and recent high-level representation at the Brussels Conference on Afghanistan. DRC-DDG Afghanistan is part of DRC’s Central & South-West Asia (CASWA) region covering Afghanistan, Iran and Paki-stan. Within an overall strategic framework of responding to emergencies, seeking solutions to pro-tracted displacement; and tackling root causes, DRC-DDG Afghanistan’s current programming encompasses: mine action, emergency response, protection, armed violence reduction, and livelihoods. With more than 500 fulltime national and international staff members, offices in Kabul, Jalalabad, Kandahar, Herat and Mazar-i-Sharif and a portfolio in 2016 of USD 13 million, DRC-DDG Afghanistan is one of the largest INGOs operating in Afghanistan.
About the job:
The Hub Livelihoods Trainer and Coach, under the direct supervision of Hub Livelihoods Service Desk Officer, is primarily responsible for organizing and providing livelihoods trainings to the project beneficiaries and targeted communities and follow-up coaching.
- Organize and conduct trainings and workshops on livelihood subjects, including but not limited to: financial management, debt management, CV writing, English, Computer literacy, Managing your own business;
- Provide job and employment coaching and mentoring support to individuals and in group format;
- Design and/or update training methodology, content and materials;
- Gather evaluation material of pre-post surveys and feedback from participants and review results to maximize effectiveness;
- Identify key areas of focus for soft & life-skills and livelihoods training and coaching through in-depth reviews based on training outcomes and desk review;
- Draft training reports covering all trainings sides and results from the training up to coaching, including lessons learned, gaps, opportunities, suggested amendments.
- Provide support in conducting livelihoods (job and employment) information awareness raising sessions in the targeted communities;
- Provide support in needs assessment surveys for future livelihoods programming;
- Submit weekly progress reports of the activities to line manager;
- Perform other relevant duties, as needed or requested.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and Competencies
- At least 2-3 years of work experiences in livelihoods, of which 2 years in livelihoods training, coaching and mentoring activities.
- Experience in developing and implementing soft & life skill curriculum.
- Knowledge of and experience working with IDPs/refugees in Afghanistan.
- An understanding of (urban) labor markets and (urban) business environment.
- Innovative, self-starter and ability and willingness to learn.
- Ability to clearly express one’s thoughts, to analyze and present information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to set priorities and to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
BsC/University degree in Economics, Business, Social sciences or any other relevant degree.
- Good knowledge of English
- Fluency in Pashto and Dari
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
Collaboration: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC-DDG vision and values.
- Availability: 1 June 2017
- Duty station: Kabul, Afghanistan
DRC-DDG will offer the successful applicant a 1 Year contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment
for national staff. This position will be placed at salary Grade D, level 1, basic 745 USD.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close on 15 May 2017. However, please note due to the urgency of this position, shortlisting process will be ongoing. Should we find qualified candidates prior to expiry of this advert, interviews will be held immediately.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Level not specified
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-05-15