Consortium M&E Coordinator (50% Travel) - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kabul - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Develop M&E tools for gathering information/data from the field and keep up to-date data required for timely and quality reporting;
- Gather information / data from Consortium members, collate information for up to date data required for timely and quality reporting ;
- Provide up to date data to Consortium counterparts on a regular basis ;
- Compile and update regularly CO level monthly output tracking sheet, online GORS reporting, Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) database and Balanced Score Card (BSC) when necessary;
- Make sure complete and accurate project information is reported timely to the Consortium partners, the NRC Country Office by each area office with necessary disaggregation (data by area/location, core competency, gender, type of beneficiaries (IDP, refugees, host community, returnee and other)
- Support Consortium partner programme staff in planning for and executing M&E activities, including data collection methodology and tools development, and data management, analysis and use.
- Support need assessments, baseline and end line surveys particularly field data collation using appropriate training and supervising enumerators, data entry and analysis.
- Support the area teams to improve quality of monitoring, evaluation and accurate reporting, including training on M&E tools;
- Support field program staff to implement project level assessments, including PDMs, baseline survey using appropriate outcome measurement, and multisector area level assessments where relevant, training and supervising of enumerators, data entry and analysis;
- Assist in implementation of a Consortium Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) for the program by creating a compliant database;
- Support the preparation of detailed implementation plans and M&E matrix for the Consortium programme;
- Support the role out of digital based data collection using mobile phones/tablets;
- At least 5 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, of which 2-3 years should be with experience in developing and leading the implementation of M&E systems for an international NGO.
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience using SPSS, STATA, Epi Info
- Education title: Bachelor Degree in relevent field
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kabul
- Grade: Level not specified
- Emergency Aid
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2017-05-10