Manager - ICT
Manager - ICT
Project Management Office
Grade IS - 5 Duty station Songdo, Incheon - Korea Contract type 3 years Number of posts 1 Recruitment type International
Unit CFO and Division of Support Services Closing date 30 May 2017 Reporting to Head of ICT (CIO) Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/177 The Green Climate Fund (“the Fund”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, considering the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change. The Fund will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Fund is governed by a Board, composed of an equal representation of developed and developing countries; the Board oversees the operation of all relevant components of the Fund. The Fund is serviced by an independent Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board and headed by an Executive Director. The Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board, is responsible for the day -to-day management of the Fund, and is located at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, in the Republic of Korea.
The Fund is seeking an exceptional person who will take up the challenge of joining a high-performing organization at the leading edge of the financing of climate action in developing countries.
The Fund relies on a seamless and trustworthy handling of own and partner information, as basis for highly efficient processes and rapidly growing capabilities and networks for knowledge exchange with a large audience of stakeholders. To achieve that goal, an intelligently composed, connected and frequently upgraded Cloud portfolio of systems and tools needs planning and implementation. The Fund’s ICT Project Management Office (PMO) plays a key role in enabling and accompanying the many project-nature undertakings for making this happen.Duties and responsibilities Under the guidance of the Head of ICT, s/he will be responsible for:
• ICT Portfolio Management & Reporting: work with individual project teams for gaining ongoing details on plans and implementation progress; conduct review meetings with project managers for checking status, budget forecasts, risks and issues deserving escalation; provide regular and on -demand reports and as needed escalations to the Head of ICT and ICT St eering Group; help business divisions/offices with their drafted business cases and proposals, highlighting potential issues, dependencies and recommend ways for ensuring success; oversee the successful closure and benefits realization process with each pr oject team.
• Quality Assurance: lead assurance activities at key milestones and carry out other assurance activities for providing clear recommendations to individual project teams and/or the ICT Steering Group, as appropriate; working with the project team s, help identify early -warning signs of risks, issues and dependencies, put plan in place to help mitigate and ensure that these are managed and effectively reported on; champion the agreed project lifecycle assurance framework and ensure that projects are correctly set up from the beginning, with the right extent of support, investment and planning;
• Governance & Reporting : lead regular reviews of the ICT portfolio pipeline in collaboration with relevant teams and help in consultation with the Head of ICT to prioritise resources; ensure that assurance milestones are maintained across the project lifecycle and that appropriate governance and stakeholder
communications activities are applied; validate and support regular stakeholder reporting requirements; act as focal point during internal audits in relation to the ICT portfolio; maintain reports of project sign-offs and the total budget situation; ensure that all relevant expertise required for delivery of key projects is in place;
• Delivery of Key Projects : ensure that the Fund’s most strategic ICT projects are planned and delivered effectively and provide hands -on support and guidance as necessary for those; ready to “step in” for that category of divisional/office projects under way and in trouble;
• Line Management: responsible for an initially small team of ICT project managers and support personnel (staff, consultants and contractors), helping to deliver strategic solutions and intervening where appropriate for projects in crisis;
• Assisting with other necessary tasks as defined by the Head of ICT.
Expected experience and qualifications
• Advanced degree, ideally in project management, business administration, information technology or related subjects;
• Extensive experience (11 years) in ICT portfolio planning, prioritization and management across levels of programme/project delivery;
• Strong technical knowledge of project, programme and portfolio management techniques and
methodologies (e.g. PMBOK, PRINCE2, Agile), preferably evidenced by a certification in good standing, and of applying them for delivering successful organizational change.
• Experience in developing and maintaining portfolio wide risk, issue and dependency logs for a major portfolio of projects.
• Ability to guide and constructively challenge colleagues in the application and tailoring of project management best practice, drawing on prior practical experiences and insights.
• Ability to build strong working relationships and communicate with colleagues at all levels across the organization.
• Organized, fast paced, process oriented and flexible.
• Strong attention to details and accuracy; and
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
• Planning and organizing
• Client orientation
• Communication • Teamwork
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to: Carolina Mallari
Consultant, SRI Executive Search
Telephone: +86 18611443325
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-05-30