(Ref. No. NRS/201/042017)
icipe — African Insect Science for Food and Health is a world-class research centre with a mission to alleviate poverty by ensuring food security, improving health, protecting the environment, and building the capacity of researchers and communities across the developing world through the application of insect sciences. Employing more than 500 national and international staff, icipe is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with outposts in Ethiopia, Somalia, Uganda, and on the shores of Lake Victoria in western Kenya. icipe has a proud reputation and history of delivering world-quality science that has made crucial contributions to African food and health policy, delivered development outcomes to rural communities, and has been at the forefront of building Africa’s biological research capacity. The Centre’s research activities span the African continent with partnerships linking research organisations, not only across Africa, but also the globe. In addition, more than 150 graduate students and a number of postdoctoral fellows contribute to icipe’s research portfolio annually. For more information visit: www. icipe.org
Please also download icipe’s Vision and Strategy 2013–2020 http://www.icipe.org/publications/corporatepublications/vision-and-strategy
icipe seeks to recruit a Manager (DIGC) to work in the Finance and Administration Department, Duduville International Guest Centre (DIGC) Section. The position is tenable in Nairobi at the icipe Duduville campus. The position is for an initial fixed-term of 2 years, renewable, based on performance and availability of funds. This is a nationally recruited position. A competitive and generous compensation package will be offered to the right candidate. Only shortlisted candidates meeting the itemised requirements will be contacted.
Overall purpose of the job
- To oversee the Guest Centre’s operations to ensure delivery of acceptable service level in the 3 areas of the Guest Centre: accommodation rooms, meeting rooms, and kitchen/dining.
- Manage the various features to a standard consistent with objectives of having a basic but acceptable Guest Centre.
- Manage guests, receive their feedback, and respond to their needs to improve the Guest Centre services.
- Manage daily cycle of the Guest Centre to ensure timely service delivery to acceptable standards.
- Continuously monitor to ensure the Guest Centre operations meet the Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
- Implement monitoring and controls of purchases, stocks and consumptions, and verify monthly usage against ratios and actuals. Perform periodic reconciliation to ensure proper usage.
- Supervise and maintain a highly motivated and cohesive team that is able to achieve desired results by ensuring each DIGC staff member undertakes continuous learning.
- Periodically assess and present the needs of the icipe Governing Council (GC) to Senior Management.
- Prepare budgets for approval by Senior Management, manage the budgets, and control expenditure.
- In close liaison with the Facilities and Assets Unit, ensure that the maintenance of the interior and exterior of the Guest Centre is properly maintained.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards.
- Ensure the revenue and costs of the Guest Centre are balanced.
- Diploma in Hotel and Hospitality Management.
- Diploma in Food Production or Diploma in Culinary Arts will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience working in a busy production outfit or a restaurant.
- Trained in Food Safety & Hygiene. § Preferably HACCAP trained.
- Business acumen.
- Basic procurement skills.
Other desirable attributes
- People management skills.
- Good understanding of the hospitality industry and required performance indicators.
- Good understanding of quality standards.
This position reports to the Director of Finance & Administration (DFA) and supervises chefs, cooks, cleaners and other staff.
The selected candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be accepted up to 10th May 2017, or until the position is filled, whichever is earlier. Interested applicants should submit: (a) a confidential cover letter, (b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including e-mail addresses, fax numbers), and (c) a statement illustrating suitability against the listed qualifications/competencies/abilities, and skills. Candidates are required to apply online through: http://recruit.icipe.org
icipe is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
- Organization: ICIPE - International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology
- Location: Nairobi (Kenya)
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-05-10
P-3, International Professional
Juba | Sudan (South Sudan)
P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
lubondaye | Washington D.C