HR Business Partner
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Ref.: 17-16 HRBP/HQ
HR Business Partner
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a proactive and responsible HR Business Partner with a high level of commitment and excellent organizational skills to act as a first point of contact for the managers and employees contributing to the delivery of people solutions and the implementation of wider HR strategies.
The position: This position will be based in Lima, Peru and report directly to the Senior HR Business Partner. The Role:
- Support and advise staff in solving HR issues and help them to interpret and apply HR policies and practices in day to day work.
- Participate in the designing and delivering of HR programs as and when necessary.
- Assist in the induction programs for new employees to contribute with their smooth transition to the organization.
- Support all related recruitment activities to attract the right staff for the internal areas need.
- Assist in supporting the expansion of the Talent Management program.
- Prepare standard HR metrics to contribute with the accuracy of reports.
- Undertake small/ local projects on HR related topics as assigned.
- Maintain highest level of Integrity and confidentiality.
- Multitask – capable of handling work overload.
- Dependability – reliable, responsible and dependable and fulfilling obligations.
- Communication– communicates clearly in English and Spanish.
- Delivery results for clients – Ads value by constantly lookingfor a better way to get more impactful results. Engages in client perspective experience and asking probing questions to understand the needs. Demonstrates accountability for achieving results.
- Cooperation - collaborate with teams across boundaries – involve others in decision making and communicates with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Psychology or related field, with 1 year of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Recognized expertise and ability to provide support related to Recruitment and Selection services, Talent Management, and diverse HR functions.
- Knowledge of HR policies, principles and processes. Effective verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish, including ability to establish rapport with a wide range of clients.
- Proficient on Microsoft Software (Excel, Word, Power Point).
Why should you consider this opportunity?
CIP is a World Food Price Winner 2016, and very proud of our achievements and our staff. CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research for development institution with a focus on potato, sweet potato, and Andean Root and Tuber Crops. Its vision is to enhance the use of roots and tubers crops to improve the livelihoods of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru with staff and activities in over 20 locations across Africa, Asia, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
Conditions: The position is local thus limited to Peruvian nationals and permanent residents. The employment contract will be for a one-year term with three month probation period and the possibility of renewal. CIP prides itselfonitscollegial andsupportive workingenvironment, which allowsspace for personal and professionalgrowth.
Applications:ApplicantsshouldapplyonlinethroughourCIP’sJobOpportunitieswebsite(http://cipotato.org/open- vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of th
applications will begin on May 16 , 2017 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Lima
- Grade: Junior
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-05-19