Agri-Bio Energy Consultant
Agri-Bio Energy Consultant Remote
The Green Cli▯ate Fu▯d ▯▯the Fu▯d▯▯ is a ▯e▯ly ▯reated ▯ultilateral fu▯d ▯ith pledges of ▯ore tha▯ USD 10 billion aiming at a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts set by the international community to combat climate change.
In the context of sustainable development, the Fund promotes the paradigm shift towards low- emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to the developing countries in reducing their greenhouse gas emissions and adapting to the impacts of climate change. The Fund pursues a country-driven approach and prioritizes projects/programmes for the Least Developed Countries, Small Island Developing States and African states. The Fu▯d ▯as esta▯lished ▯y the UN Fra▯e▯ork Co▯▯e▯tio▯ o▯ Cli▯ate Cha▯ge ▯▯UNFCCC▯▯ in 2010. The Fund is governed by a Board of 24 members from developed and developing countries and the operating divisions are headed by an Executive Director. The Fund includes the Divisoin of Private Sector Facility (PSF) which works towards (i) mobilizing at scale private funding from commercial banks and institutional investors into green projects/programmes to mainstream climate finance and (ii) involving as a whole private sector actor (e.g small and medium enterprises, etc). Role
The Agri-Bio Energy Consultant will work as part of the Division of Private Sector Facility to provide technical assessment of the potential projects and under direct supervision of the Director of PSF. Duties and responsibilities
The Agri-Bio Energy Consultant would support the team in the following tasks, including but not limited to the following.
- The Consultant will work as an in-house industry expert to help the PSF team to conduct technical due diligence on investments in bioenergy (biomass and biofuel) and agriculture sectors during the pre-investment phase;
- The Consultant should also provide technical advice on post-investment projects to ensure overall technical direction of the investments is maintained and managed to meet the practical challenges faced during implementation;
- The Co▯sulta▯t ▯ill ▯ork ▯ith the Fu▯d’s Portfolio Management Unit and Monitoring & Evaluation teams to draft project KPIs to ensure project KPIs are technically sound;
- The Consultant shall also provide backstopping on all bioenergy related issues in the selected projects in order to strengthen the selected projects and to speed up disbursement and implementation.
Required experience and qualifications
- Master’s degree i▯ fields related to E▯▯iro▯▯e▯t, Natural resour▯es, Re▯e▯a▯le E▯ergy or other closely related field; At least seven years of experience with the preparation, implementation and/or consultation of bioenergy and agriculture projects;
- Experience in working with wide range of stakeholders (private, government, etc.);
- Experience working in/with developing countries will be favourably considered;
- Experience in development of national strategies and/or working on national policy is an advantage;
- Experience in tasks related to access to finance is an advantage;
- Experience in working for donor funded projects in the past 10 years is an advantage;
- Strong planning, communication, research and analytical skills. Up-to-date knowledge of bioenergy and agriculture technologies;
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to communicate complex, technical information to both technical and general audiences;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, cultural sensitivity.
Close proximity to the GCF Headquarters and availability to work onsite to participate in meetings on a call-off basis is preferred.
Applications fromwomen and nationals from developing countries are strongly encouraged. Interestedcandidates,are requiredtosendanemailattaching theirCVanda letterof interest ina singlefile to: firstname.lastname@example.org
File name: ▯[last name], [first name]▯ (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: ▯Agri-BioEnergy Consultant▯
Please indicateyourearliestavailability totake upassignment,andnotice-periodrequired, ifemployed. Shortlistingwillstart on14May 2017andwillcontinueuntil thepositionis filled. Upon submission of your application, you will receive an automatic e-mail acknowledging receipt of your application. Should you not receive a response, however, please check your spam/clutter mail before resubmitting your application. Please also ensure to use the correct spelling for the subject line of your e- mail. Thank you.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Multiple locations
- Grade: International Consultant - Consultancy
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Energy sector
- Energy sector
- Closing Date: 2017-05-14