Associate Professional –
Incheon (Korea (Republic of))
Associate Professional –
Private Sector Facility
Grade IS – 2 Duty station Songdo, Incheon - Korea Contract type 3 years Number of posts 1 Recruitment type International
Unit Private Sector Facility Closing date 23 May 2017 Reporting to Specialists and Deputy Director of the Unit Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/192 The Green Climate Fund (“the Fund”) is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change.
The Fund will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, considering the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change. The Fund will pursue a country-driven approach in its operations.
The Fund is governed by a Board, composed of an equal representation of developed and developing countries; the Board oversees the operation of all relevant components of the Fund. The Fund is serviced by an inde pendent Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board and headed by an Executive Director. The Secretariat, which is accountable to the Board, is responsible for the day -to-day management of the Fund, and is located at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, in the Republic of Korea.
The Fund is seeking an exceptional person who will take up the challenge of joining a high-performing organization at the leading edge of the financing of climate action in developing countries.
The Associate Professional, as part of the Fund’s Songdo -based headquarters team will be responsible for assisting the team with a range of operational and analytical tasks necessary for the ongoing operationalization of the Fund. Duties and responsibilities
• Conduct research, data collection and analysis, draft written reports;
• Engage with the Fund’s staff, accredited entities and other stakeholders through e-mail and phone calls; • Provide operational support in developing pipelines, reviewing investment proposal dr afts, and monitoring portfolio;
• Build and operate financial models and conduct related risk, sensitivity and scenario analyses; • Perform second level due diligence project finance transactions in all of GCF’s eight strategic result areas: energy, transport, cities and industries, land use and REDD+, livelihood, health, food and water,
infrastructure and ecosystems;
• Liaise with domain-level specialists within GCF to obtain their specific inputs on funding proposals;
• Provide support to Private Sector Facility (PSF) staff on:
(a) Identifying key investment risks and working with project finance to structure solutions that address
(b) Providing specific techno-commercial inputs to the specialists in the areas of renewable energy with
a particular focus on energy efficiency, renewables, transport, biomass and geothermal energy sources;
(c) Maintaining relationships with investors, project sponsors, peers and other stakeholders and
managing third-party project advisors and consultants; and
(d) Preparing investment proposals for the Board’s consideration
Support PSF interventions during Board meetings and other events and meetings related to the
functioning of the Fund. This may include assisting in the preparation of relevant documentation, taking
meeting minutes, preparing summaries of the discussions for the Report and providing support for
drafting of decisions;
• Manage the bids and responses to issued RFPs;Additional operational tasks assigned by the Director, Deputy
Director and the specialists.
Expected experience and qualifications
• Masters level in economics, finance, sustainable development, climate policy, environmental sciences,
engineering or related fields;
• Four years of relevant work experience of which two years is in Climate finance and specifically renewable
energy, with an emphasis on low carbon transactions;
• Experience in an international setting;
• Strong competence and autonomy in the use of standar d software programmes: Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
Outlook, and Access;
• Excellent writing and presentation skills; and
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Engli sh are essential for this position; knowledge of
another UN language an advantage.
• Planning & organizing
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to:
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “Associate Professional – Financial Institutions”
Upon submission of your application, you will receive an automatic e -mail acknowledging receipt of your
application. Should you not receive a response, however, please check your spam/clutter mail before resubmitting
your application. Please also ensure to use the correct spelling for the subject line of your e-mail. Thank you.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
- Organization: GCF - Green Climate Fund
- Location: Incheon (Korea (Republic of))
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-05-29
P-1, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
The Hague (Netherlands)
P-2, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
Multiple locations (Various)