National Prosecution Training Consultant
Addis Ababa | Pakistan
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Country Office for Pakistan (COPAK) is tasked with assisting Pakistan through its Country Programme (CPII) 2016-19 with a focus on needs related to illicit trafficking and border management, criminal justice and drug demand reduction and HIV/AIDS.
The Government of Pakistan endorsed Country Programme II 2016-2019 identifies a number of key outputs with specific activities which contribute to the overall improvement and capacity of law enforcement and prosecution services, in support to enhance the investigation skills of investigating officers (IOs) and to enhance the cooperation between Police and prosecutors. A particular aspect of investigation relates to crime scene investigation (CSI) and the preparation of case files.
UNODC’s assistance will enhance the capacity of the prosecutors to prepare and present the physical evidences in the courts of law. In order to roll-out the package of training, UNODC requires the services of a national consultant to review existing manuals and documents and complement the package with a full suite of training tools and learning assessment methods. The outcome of this consultancy is to train a cadre of prosecutors, who can effectively carry out the presentation of the cases in the court of law.
2. MAIN OBJECTIVES, RESPONSABILITIES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED ANALYTICAL WORK.
The objective of the consultancy is to implement a comprehensive plan for the training of selected officers across Pakistan. This includes the selection of trainees, management of learning assessment and monitoring of performance. The consultant is also required to provide training during the sessions scheduled during the consultancy period.
The consultancy has the following key deliverables:
- Preparation and delivery of training session on Criminal Advocacy, Legal precedents, case management and Trial Evidence as per the existing modules developed by UNODC including preparation of PowerPoint presentations, help-sheets and trainer resources.
- Preparation and delivery of training sessions on Police Prosecutors Cooperation and Crime Scene Investigation as per the existing modules developed by UNODC including preparation of PowerPoint presentations, help-sheets and trainer resources.
- Submission of training reports after every training session.
- Ensure that M&E is maintained: The consultant is required to coordinate and provide all forms/data, as required by M&E Team.
3. SCOPE OF WORK, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED ANALYTICAL WORK
The scope of work includes the prosecution services in Balochistan. The documentation and the course content must be general enough to cover all provinces in the country and also provide enough details so that the training is applicable.
A full calendar of events and scheme for trainees and overall supervision has been prepared by COPAK. The calendar includes, at a minimum, 04 training events and related missions (approximately 04).
The responsibilities for the work and sequencing of events are as follows:
- Preparation of Advocacy Skills, Legal Precedents, Case management and Trial Evidence course material and structure
- Preparation of Police Prosecutors Cooperation and CSI course material and structure
- Development of the pre & post course documentation
- Delivery of courses
- Reporting on the courses
Ref: UNDP-IC-2017-103-Prosecution Training Consultant
UNDP on behalf of UNODC intends to engage the services of individual Consultant having experience in above mentioned field are requested to submit the Technical and Financial Proposal in sealed envelope on or before May 10, 2017 By 12:30 pm (Pakistan Standard Time) via courier on below mentioned address. Hand delivery will not be acceptable. Please ensure to mention the reference number in the subject line as stated in the solicitation document e.g. Ref: [UNDP-IC-2017-103]
UNDP Registry, Quotation/Bids/Proposals
United Nations Development Programme
Serena Business Complex, 2nd Floor, Khayaban e Suharwardy,
Tel: 051-8355600 Fax: 051-2600254-5
Further clarification (if any) can be sought through email to email@example.com
the team will provide necessary information within due date. However, any delay in providing such information will not be considered a reason for extending the submission date of your quotation.
Details IC Notice is available on right top pane of this advertisement, please download it from:
- Organization: UNODC - United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Location: Addis Ababa | Pakistan
- Grade: Senior
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-05-10