Assessments and Distribution Officer
Duty Station: Duhok (With regular travel to Northen Ninewa Governorate)
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate for our program operations in Northern Iraq. The ideal candidate possesses outstanding communication skills, a desire and willingness to learn and a personal commitment to professional improvement.
Who are we?
Danish refugee council has been operating in Iraq since 2003 and in Northern Iraq since 2010.
DRC Iraq is currently implementing a broad range of activities relevant to conflict affected communities and persons. The activities are categorized in ten sectors: Shelter and Non-food Items, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Livelihoods, Protection, Mine Risk Education, Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM).
About the job.
Under the supervision of the Emergency Shelter/NFI Manager, the Assessments and Distribution Officer (ADO) is responsible for providing conducting multi-sector assessments and mobile distribution services to vulnerable internally displaced persons and vulnerable host community members alike. While the specific aim for this post is to provide distribution at the field based distribution points to vulnerable communities in order to provide beneficiaries with timely life essential supplies. The ADO will assist with technical aspects to conduct information sessions for collective groups as required.
The EDO assists with distribution activities in close coordination and as part of the team with the Emergency Shelter/NFI Manager. Furthermore, the ADO works in an inclusive manner with the IDPs, local authorities/community representatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct multi-sector assessments through Key Informant Interviews, Focus Group Discussions, and meetings with key local leaders and collate information into brief assessment reports for each undertaken
• Attend to all distribution activities, maintain record off and distribute vouchers
• Set up and maintain a database system, data entry, keep data up to date,
• Support the distribution operation of the Emergency program by identifying needs of distribution, keeping up to date with information on movement of IDPs
• Assist with the logistics and procurement activities, and ensure that they are conducted in accordance with DRCs operational handbook.
• Ensure efficient and timely supply of all items for program needs in the camps to the standard that is required.
• Implement DRC standard warehouse and stock control and management procedures for the operation of DRC Baghdad in co-ordination with the Logistics & Procurement Co-coordinator Iraq.
• Provide timely distribution, logistics and procurement reports when required.
• Provide procurement support to ensure timely and effective supply to programs and meet operational needs
• Contributes to monitoring Framework Agreements
• Conducts market research as and when required and contributes to the DRC Supplier Database.
• Ensures Suppliers conform with the DRC Code of Ethics
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager;
• Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq program Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
• Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Proven leadership qualities
• Excellent writing and reporting skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of local communities and customary rules;
• Punctuality and respect for applicable rules and procedures;
• Ethical and transparent decision-making;
• Independent work, i.e. with minimal supervision and under pressure;
• High regard toward preserving confidentiality of work-related information and data;
• Self-motivation, goal/result-orientation and team work;
• Flexibility, creativeness, tolerance and maturity
• Computer/IT literacy (OS Windows/Vista/Linux, MS (Word, Excel in particular) Internet etc.);
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
A university Degree in a related field.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 3 month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff; please refer to www.drc.ngounder Vacancies. This position will be placed at Grade C 1.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the Apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
It is an urgent recruitment and interviews will be done on a rolling basis.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 18/05/2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Duhok
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-05-18