Communications Analyst, Erbil, Iraq
Under the supervision of the Deputy Representative, the Communications Analyst plays a leading role in internal and external information and communication. The incumbent will work in close cooperation with the Country Office programme staff, the UN system, government counterparts, development partners and civil society organizations to ensure internal and external flow of communication and information and to strengthen partnership. The Communications Analyst will be located in Erbil, Iraq, with frequent travel to other parts of Iraq.
Assure adequate visibility and accountability in the L3 emergency humanitarian situation.
· Advanced University degree in media relations, journalism, publishing, or social sciences
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy.
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is desirable
- Excellent media contacts and proven success pitching stories to media outlets
- Excellent research and writing skills, with experience in writing reports, newsletters and program updates, video production and developing web content
- Experience in covering stories on population in humanitarian situations and other social services
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
· Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Erbil
- Grade: P-2, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2017-05-16