HYGIENE PROMOTER - AZAZ (LOCAL HIRE)
Azaz (Syria) | Syria
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 1950, World Vision International operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty. We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
The scope of the organization is world-wide. Its ministries are varied depending on the needs and contexts of the respective countries in which it operates. For more information on the history of World Vision, please visit the website on www.wvi.org
LOCATION: Northern Syria, Azaz
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To promote good hygiene practice in targeted communities in order to reduce the risk of water and sanitation related communicable diseases.
· To conduct WASH assessment on targeted area, through home to home visits (KAP surveys), focus group discussion and observations.
· Develop culturally appropriate hygiene promotion messages and strategy to delivering promotion of appropriate hygienic behaviour for our areas of operation.
· To demonstrate the use of WASH specific items which need special knowledge for operation and maintenance, especially when using chemical i.e. water purification tablets, water treatment equipment’s.
· Hygiene Kits distribution:
· Develop hygiene kits distribution / gender and age disaggregated/ list .
· Supervise and monitor the distribution of hygiene kits in target areas, ensure all distribution activities are carried out according to plan.
· Carry out the post distribution monitoring for Hygiene kits and other WASH kits distributed to the target beneficiaries.
· To conduct culturally appropriate hygiene promotion sessions in promoting good water, sanitation and hygiene practices in targeted area.
· To conduct participatory monitoring of water and sanitation facilities usage and maintenance with community.
· To inform local authority and health department if there is outbreak in community that requires immediate response.
· To document schedule plan, field report and update to WASH Team Leader in timely manner.
· Actively participate in capacity building trainings.
· Carry out other activities as requested by the Hygiene Promotion supervisor.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
· Good community mobilization abilities
· Team builder and team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
· English an advantage
· Excellent Arabic communication skills (oral and written)
· Able to use a computer for production of material and reports (word processing, spread sheets etc).
· Nurse, Midwife, Teacher or related fields
· Experience in developing and adapting training materials is desirable
· Ability to travel to project areas
· Ability to communicate with children
· Passport owner is an advantage
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 3 referees/references).
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 14 May 2017. Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Azaz (Syria) | Syria
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2017-05-14