SVN 2017/75 (P) - Operations Officer (P2) - Erbil, Iraq
Position Title Operations Officer
Duty Station : Erbil, Iraq
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 12 May 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Senior Emergency and Programmes Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for carrying out duties related to the operational activities of the resettlement programmes and any relevant activities in IOM Iraq.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the timely delivery and implementation of all transportation strategies related to the movement activities of the Mission's resettlement and other movement programmes, particularly, in close coordination, the Government of Iraq & Kurdistan (KRI), airport officials, the Resettlement and Movement Management Division (RMM), and the Migration Health Division (MHD).
2. Oversee all IOM Iraq movement operations activities relating to resettlement, including humanitarian evacuation, repatriation, other movements, e.g. charter operations, visa support, counselling and orientation, and return emergency response.
3. Contribute to maintaining a positive working relationship with IOM partners, including Page 1 / 3government officials, officials of resettlement countries, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), and other key partners. Undertake duty travel relating to overall programme coordination and liaison with counterparts.
4. Prepare financial and other types of reports and recommendations regarding the progress of travel projections, security measures, and accurate movement statistics.
5. Assist in overseeing the operational staff. Provide training, support, and guidance in the usage of the in-house system application tools, including MiMOSA, I-Gator, Statistical Information Management and Analysis (SIMA), and the AMADEUS booking reservation system. 6. Assist in country-wide coordination of the programme. Implement measures to maintain a high level of integrity consistent with the principles stipulated in the IOM Movement Management Manual (MMM). Follow up with programme implementation and monitoring. 7. Follow IOM instructions and guidelines on project monitoring methodologies in areas inaccessible to IOM staff. Suggest and develop further refinements in these methodologies. 8. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, International Relations, Social Science, Political Science, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Experience in the field of migration issues, project design, management and implementation, and administrative and financial management.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Excellent report writing skills. • Effective resource management skills and strategic and creative thinking.
• Work experience in the region is an asset.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of Page 2 / 3responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 12 May 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 05.05.2017 to 12.05.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/75 (P) - Operations Officer (P2) - Erbil, Iraq (55044129) Released Posting: Posting NC55044140 (55044140) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Erbil
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-05-12