Administrative/Programme Assistant GS-5 (Temporary Appointment), Kiev, Ukraine (Open to Nationals of Ukraine Only)
UNICEF UKRAINE is looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Administrative/Programme Assistant (Temporary Appointment ), GS-5, Kiev
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Purpose for the job: The administrative assistant provides support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring the country programme, support for the efficient implementation of a broad range of administrative functions, including all the official travel arrangements of UNICEF Ukraine Office, including activities related to assets management, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
KEY FUNCTION, ACCOUNRABILITIES AND RELATED DUTIES/TASKS
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Support Administrative Section
- Reviews and approved TAs in VISION as Travel Administrator. Check/calculates travel related expenses such as DSA, terminals as well as travel related expenses for all staff and local/international consultants, government partners
- Attends to travel arrangements for staff members, local/international consultants, Government partners on air ticket booking, security clearances, makes car reservations, hotel bookings, airport transfers;
- Processes travel related payments (air tickets, transportation, travel settlements etc.) and other office administration related costs. Contacts travel agents for reconciliations and clarifications if needed.
- Process F10 forms submitted for payments- checks correctness and make sure documents are submitted to GSSC for payment
- Ensures staff are reminded of their obligation to close TAs on return from travel and takes prompt action to process TA closure in VISION;
- Implements general office administration - makes regular inventory of assets and their duly record in SAP, maintains PSB records file and arranges for timely write offs/self/donations of the disposed assets, provides logistics support in organizing conferences, workshops, retreats, supports in purchases of minor office supplies for Ukraine CO.
Support to Programme Section
Support to programme development, planning and execution.
Compiles data and information on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations. Prepares and maintains records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section. Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up. Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation. Compiles and organizes information and data pertaining to donors (both current and potential) and to periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office.
- Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building
Gathers and shares information as needed in support of improving the processes and daily operations of the section. Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by drafting necessary correspondence, compiling data reports and maintaining relevant records.
IMPACT OF RESULTS
The efficiency and effectiveness of support provided by the administrative/programme assistant to the development, implementation and monitoring of programs/projects facilitates the delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the respective section, which in turn enhances the offices and UNICEF’s capacity in helping the most vulnerable women and children.
COMPETENCIES AND LEVEL OF PROFICIENCY REQUIRED
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (I)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (I)
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning & Researching (I)
- Planning and organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
Education: Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Kiev
- Grade: GS-5, General Service
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-05-19