National Consultant on Disaster Risk Reduction (only for Kyrgyzstan nationals)
VNC/KIRA/22/17. Under the direct supervision of the Head of WASH / DRR Programmes, the National Consultant will provide technical support for effective and timely implementation of the DIPECHO and Safe Schools projects and delivery of expected results. The Consultant will also support activities on integration of disaster risk reduction, climate change and resilient development in all priority areas in accordance with the DRR Rolling Work Plan (2016-2017).
Purpose of the Assignment
Under the direct supervision of the Head of WASH / DRR Programmes, the National Consultant will provide technical support for effective and timely implementation of the DIPECHO and Safe Schools projects and delivery of expected results. The Consultant will also support activities on integration of disaster risk reduction, climate change and resilient development in all priority areas in accordance with the DRR/EPR Rolling Work Plan (2016-2017).
Building on the results of previous DRR projects, the key tasks / scope of work for the consultancy will include:
- Technical support on finalization of the Disaster Risk Analysis (DRA) guide to ensure child sensitive DRR plans development at local level and facilitation of its endorsement at the Inter-Ministerial level for its mandatory application in local development planning
- Facilitation of the review and approval processes of the DRA training module and hand over to the MES Training Centers on Civil Protection;
- Technical support to the MES trainers in promotion of child sensitive disaster risk reduction plans and its integration into local strategic development plans in pilot areas;
- Supporting the Ministry of Emergencies in development of the unified methodology for Disaster Risk Assessment and Analysis, planning, financing and monitoring of DRA activities at the local level;
- Technical contributions to the national and regional technical discussions on DRA;
- Support in promoting the School based DRR approach and methodologies (Young lifeguard, etc) with governmental and non-governmental bodies;
- Contributions to the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of activities under the UNICEF Safe schools project;
- Review of ongoing programme activities and support in integration of climate change and resilient development issues in all priority areas;
- Contributions to and support in coordinating, documenting and reporting of programme activities (narrative and financial reporting, updates, presentation materials, etc);
- Consultant maybe requested to undertake additional roles and duties for other projects in the same thematic area
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Management, International development or other related field;
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in the field of disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, strategic planning;
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and delivery of training modules on disaster risk reduction, strategic planning and capacity building on risk analysis.
- Practical experience on working with state and municipal bodies in the area of strategic planning (at least one reference);
- Previous experience of working with UN or other international organizations in the area of disaster risk reduction and local development (at least one reference);
- Specialized training in disaster risk reduction is highly desirable (CV);
- Working knowledge of Kyrgyz and Russian, knowledge of English is an asset (CV);
Please indicate your ability, availability and monthly rate (in KGS) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a monthly rate will not be considered.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Bishkek
- Grade: International Consultant
- Security policy
- Closing Date: 2017-05-24