GRANTS AND CONTRACTS SPECIALIST
Since January 2015, CARE Haiti has restructured its Grants and Contracts (G&C) management capacities in one unit under the supervision of the Country Office (CO) Financial Director. The unit encompasses G&C managers (2-3) who supervise each 1-2 Financial Analyst(s). The responsibilities of the G&C unit are the following: 1) grants and amendments monitoring, 2) non-USG reporting, 3) trial balance monitoring, 4) sub-award management, 5) compliance management, 6) budget preparation and BVA monitoring, 7) transactions review.
CARE Haiti is seeking a Contracts and Grants Specialist to develop and facilitate the implementation of systematic Grants and Contracts management processes and systems within CARE Haiti. This short-term assignment will take place in Port-au-Prince (Haiti) over a period of four months starting in May 2017.
The Contracts and Grants Specialist will develop a plan and methodology for the review of all transactions processed under the emergency response grants and oversee the review to ensure that the CO is well prepared for audits. This responsibility will be implemented in collaboration with CARE USA Internal audit that will take place in Haiti from May 8 to 19, 2017. S/he will map out all G&C management (both Award and Sub-Award) process workflows and timelines, identify ways to streamline and ensure each step is value-added. S/he will document these in a user-friendly way and train all concerned staff on how to implement all processes (the Short-Term employee will consider CARE USA revised Agreement and Sub-Agreement Management Policy that will be effective July 1st, 2017). The person in this role will develop tools to help Finance, Program Support and Program Staff better adhere to financial management and compliance practices and recommend how interfaces between them could be improved. The Contracts and Grants Specialist will also provide training for Finance, Program Support and Program staff on essential financial literacy questions (how to read transaction list, how to assign codes, etc.).
- Ensure that all Matthew response transactions comply with donor and CARE regulations
- Set up G&C management process workflows and tools and train CO staff on their use
- Set up a Compliance Risk Register to identify, document and monitor management risks
- Identify and share with C.USA institutional bottelnecks to efficient G&C management
- Set up/reinforce CO G&C management information systems
- Coach the CO G&C Senior Manager
- Bachelor degree in Business, Administration, Finance or Organization Systems required
- Master degree in Business, Administration, Finance or Organization Systems desired
- At least 5 years' experience in Grants &Contracts management process design and implementation
- System thinker, with process improvement skills
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- knowledge of CARE major donors' regulations (USG, EU, ECHO)
- Training and facilitating skills required
- Demonstrted coaching skills
- Fluency in English (French recommended)
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=3731
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Port-au-Prince
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-06-08