Service Now Implementation Specialist, Individual Consultancy, Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, Hungary
The consultant will be part of the project team working in the implementation of the integrated customer service management solution for UNICEF on ServiceNow cloud-based platform. The consultant will assist with ServiceNow platform configuration, design and deployment of workflows in the different modules and applications of ServiceNow. UNICEF will implement all ITIL processes for ITSM (Service Catalog/Request, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Knowledge, CMDB and Configuration Management); as well workflows to support other transactional business processes on Human Resources, Finance and Master Data Management.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
UNICEF's Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary manages the processing of a number of transactions on behalf of UNICEF offices around the world. The GSSC provides the services to UNICEF offices globally in the areas of HR Administration, Payroll, Finance and Customer Care (Information Technology Global Help Desk).
To support the interaction between customers in offices around the world and the agents processing transactions on their behalf, UNICEF is currently using a Case Management system (NeoCase), while the ICT Division is using a separate ITMS tool (HP Service Manager) to provide support and IT service delivery. UNICEF has decided to adopt the ServiceNow platform to unify the current Case Management and IT Service Management tools.
The consultant will be part of the project team working in the implementation of the integrated customer service management solution for UNICEF on ServiceNow cloud-based platform. The consultant will assist with ServiceNow platform configuration, design and deployment of workflows in the different modules and applications of ServiceNow.
UNICEF will implement all ITIL processes for ITSM (Service Catalog/Request, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Knowledge, CMDB and Configuration Management); as well workflows to support other transactional business processes on Human Resources, Finance and Master Data Management.
Key Accountabilities and Tasks
As part of the Administration team, this role will include:
- Configuring ServiceNow
- Creating customization of platform
- Implementing business requirements in the tool
- Administration of the platform
- Assisting with integration to other system (i.e.: LDAP, SAP, SharePoint, and third party tools)
- Data imports and analysis
- Developing custom scripts and workflows
Individual Candidates (only) applying to this Consultancy must attach the following to their application submission:
- CV detailing their experience implementing ServiceNow platform an any other ITSM tool in large organization;
Indicate their expected daily rate (net HUF + VAT).
Successful candidate must have the below required skills:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Information Systems Management or Information Technology.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience developing on the ServiceNow platform including scripting, platform configuration, design, deployment and customization of the core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change management and Service Catalogue.
- Experience in creating Business Rules, UI/Data Policies and UI Actions
- ServiceNow Systems Administration Certification
- Excellent knowledge of English is essential (both spoken and written).
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist (strongly preferred)
- Extensive ITSM knowledge is required (ITIL v3 Certification is a plus)
- Experience with process modeling
- Integration experience (SOAP, REST, and JSON as well as JDBC and file imports)
- Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
Solid experience in Financial and HR models in ERP systems (SAP, Oracle)
Location and Duration
- The position is based in Budapest, Hungary.
- The consultancy is initially for 11 months with possibility to extend depending on the consultant performance and project needs.
- Expected start date is June 2017.
- All applications to UNICEF are required to be submitted through UNICEF's online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by submitting your application on our web site. Kindly note that all applications should be in English.
- Candidates are requested to include in their application their financial offer consisting of fee for the services to be provided. According to UNICEF policy, the final fees will be set up based on the “best value for money” principle.
Consultants are required to submit a statement of good health prior to commencement of work and to take full responsibility for the accuracy of that statement.
Consultants are responsible for arranging at their own expense life, health and other forms of insurance covering the period of their services on behalf of UNICEF as they consider appropriate. Consultants are not eligible to participate in the life or health insurance schemes available to United Nations staff members.
UNICEF undertakes no liability for taxes, duty or other contribution payable by the consultant on payments made under this contract.
This consultancy is locally recruited and candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements. Non - Hungarian citizens must be in possession of a valid work permit or be nationals of EU countries.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.