Emergency Coordinator - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kandahar - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Take lead in Contingency planning and emergency preparedness of West region, in close collaboration with NRCs staff and external partners.
- Develop annual activity and work plan for contingency planning and preparedness for West region.
- Coordinate emergency assessments in West region, in close collaboration with NRCs Security Department
- Develop of project proposals to ensure emergency funding, when needed.
- Coordinate the emergency aid delivery and lead the Emergency Response Team in West region.
- Ensure proper documentation of emergency response activities, including post-distribution monitoring. Monthly activity/project reports and other reporting as required
- Training and development of NRC staff and relevant partners and beneficiaries in emergency response mechanisms
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements, humanitarian principles, SPHERE, Do No Harm, and other international standards for emergency work.
- Develop the emergency response capacity within NRCs Education, WASH and shelter programs in West region.
- Ensure quality implementation of Emergency interventions in West region activities.
- Ensure adequate control mechanisms are in place and respected in West region activities.
- Ensure that project systems and procedures are compliant with agreements applicable to individual grants, NRC principles and ways of working.
- Ensure adequate and timely responses to identified needs, in line with donor requirements in West region activities.
- Monitor, evaluate and suggest changes and improvements in programme approaches and resources.
- Ensure that project data is properly collected, centralized, analyzed and used.
- Training and capacity building of emergency staff.
- Identify protection issues and advocate appropriate responses both in central and West region.
- Implement the accountability plan within all Emergency activities
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a Project Manager in a humanitarian complex and volatile contexts
- Experience in cash and voucher-based programming
- Experience in working with ECHO funded projects is a plus
- Fluency in English and Dari both written and verbal, Pashto is a plus
- Political and cultural awareness
- Education title: Master/Bachelor Degree in relevent field
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected