ICT Coordinator (Lebanese Nationals Only) - Lebanon
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Roles and Responsibilities
The ICT Coordinator for the NRC Lebanon Country Office is responsible for ensuring all NRC Global & Local ICT policies and guidelines are implemented, the position provides technical support, security, and maintenance of all ICT software and hardware across all local offices.
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance, procedures and the Global ICT Strategy.
- Analyze the needs and develop clear country specific ICT requirements and plans.
- Be responsible for ICT management, control systems and implementation of ICT Handbook, policies, guidance and procedures and data protection requirements.
- Deliver timely and high quality ICT hardware, software and services to the country programme.
- Manage and delegate tasks and responsibilities to ICT staff.
- Contribute to innovation and advancement of ICT globally in NRC through pilots at CO level.
- Contribute to programme quality and effectiveness by identifying relevant ICT tools.
- Perform risk analysis related to ICT, mitigation and report to the CMG as appropriate.
- Ensure that all staff has the necessary level of knowledge on NRC’s ICT systems and procedures by detecting gaps and performing capacity building.
- Deliver high quality and timely reports to the Country Management Group (CMG), Regional and Head Office to contribute to better decision making regarding the ICT ambition and capacity at Country Level.
- Develop, roll out, and deliver relevant ICT trainings for all NRC Lebanon staff
- Ensure that ICT Lebanon’s policy adhere to NRC global ICT strategy and context in Lebanon by revising and updating accordingly.
- Manage and evaluate input from relevant parties to develop ICT solutions and support NRC Lebanon units.
- Monitor and evaluate programs to ensure NRC’s commitment to technical and evidence-based program design.
- Advise and update NRC’s teams on strategic technology trends and advise on needs and opportunities.
- Auditors (internal/external)
- MERO ICT Regional Coordinator
- ICT regional and global staff
1. Professional Competencies
- Bachelor degree in an IT related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a relevant domain
- Proficient in English, both written and verbal
2. Behavioral Competencies
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Managing performance and development
- Managing Resources to optimize results
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: Level not specified
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2017-05-21