Procurement Coordinator (Lebanese Nationals Only) - Lebanon
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Procurement Coordinator will be responsible for managing NRC Beirut day-to-day procurement operations and Country big scale procurement (National Tender, International Tenders, LTAs, ensuring the procurement of goods and services required by the NRC Lebanon programme is carried out in compliance with NRC’s procurement policies, relevant national and international procedures, donor rules and regulations. Together with the Logistics Manager, the incumbent will work on improving the speed, efficiency and quality of NRC Lebanon’s procurement systems, processes and procedures.
- Ensure that all procurement processes implementations are in compliance with Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements
- Provide trainings and capacity building for procurement staff and support/project staff
- Prepare and submit periodic reports and plans as required
- Manage NRC Beirut’s day to day procurement operations in line with programmatic requirements, whilst ensuring compliance with NRC’s procurement policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations;
- Ensure competitive and transparent procurement processes are followed to ensure best value for money is achieved;
- Ensure all requisitions received are processed in a timely and efficient manner and all accompanying documentation is filed in an appropriate and accessible manner to ensure a clear audit trail;
- Work with the procurement team in the field offices to manage the expansion of NRC Lebanon’s existing supplier portfolio and ensure professional management of suppliers and contractors at all times;
- Improve the efficiency of NRC Lebanon’s procurement services by monitoring procurement needs and trends and identifying and addressing any potential gaps;
- Ensure NRC’s values, anti-corruption policy and ethical standards are understood and adhered to by staff and suppliers alike;
- Together with the Logistics Manager, support the continuous development of local procurement tools, systems and procedures for the NRC Lebanon programme and ensure all relevant staff are trained in their content to ensure comprehension and compliance;
- Manage, inspire, coach and capacity build the procurement team at the field office level and provide technical guidance and support to any other staff conducting procurement at the field level;
- Close coordination with the logistics Manager and finance management team to support the continuous development of NRC Lebanon procurement tools, systems and procedures
- Close coordination with the field Logistics and Support Coordinators to ensure timely and efficient onward delivery of goods and services.
- Close coordination with Project managers and Coordinators to understand their procurement needs and to assist in the development of proposals and review of procurement plans.
- Ensure professional relationships are established and maintained with all NRC Lebanon suppliers and contractors.
1. Professional competencies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement and contracts management at a senior level preferably within a humanitarian context;
- Good working knowledge of international supply chain operations;
- Experience and knowledge of key institutional donor’s procurement rules and regulations;
- Proven management experience, including training and capacity building of national staff;
- Highly organized with strong administration and information management skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- A high level of computer literacy;
- Fluency in both Arabic and English, both written and verbal
2. Behavioral competencies
- Managing resources to optimising results
- Initiating action and change
- Planning and delivery results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing performance and development
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: Level not specified
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: