CCCM Assistant- Assessment (National Position), Ramadi - Iraq
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil and Kirkuk. NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the CCCM Assistant – Assessment is to enable a liveable environment for vulnerable populations in sites of displacement across Iraq, the assistant will primarily be ensuring adherence to NRC policies, handbook and guidelines and will assist in the preparation and development of technical assessment status reports as required by management.
The assistant will report to CCCM Officer or Team Leader and will ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and assess new and better ways to assist .
The position will be based in Anbar/Ramadi with frequent travel to needed areas.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A University degree in civil engineering with significant experience in Camp Management.The candidate ideally should have previous experience in carrying out participatory fieldwork, monitoring and reporting . Fluency in spoken and written Arabic language and some knowledge of written and spoken English.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor multi-sector needs and service provision and the overall condition of a site including shelter, WASH, environment and cross-cutting services and apply a participatory approach to identify, analysis and priorities the site needs in order to avoid service duplication and gaps
- Contribute to the establishing of an effective, transparent and representative site governance system and maintain this for the assigned sites including coordination of service provision
- Implement accountability toward beneficiary populations through a complaints and feedback mechanism
- Set up and maintain a sites information management system including sex and age disaggregated data collection and appropriate information sharing with relevant stakeholders
- Supervise the data collection in accordance with the project selection criteria
- Develop joint integrated site risk management plans to promote the health and safety of sites
- Liaise and interact with government authorities, displaced and host communities to ensure social cohesion is strong and if possible, create opportunities for local employment using principles of gender equality.
- Coordinate and participate in small scale technical implementation of site maintenance, covering safe site design or layout, repairs and risk reduction in sites, the upkeep of shelter, WASH, electrical systems, other site facilities and utilities and the general environment.
- Mobilize, train and equip displaced communities to be self-autonomous in safely maintaining the site environment according to the integrated site risk management plan. Ensure clarification of roles and responsibilities amongst stakeholders with a focus on sustainability and community/local government ownership.
- Account for and maintain all equipment and supplies that are required for technical assessment assistance as part of site risk management plans.
- Monitor and document all site maintenance and risk reduction works and regularly visit sites (minimum weekly basis) to ensure quality is maintained in accordance with site risk management plans, standing operating guidelines and indicators.
- Support the CCCM Coordinator in the development of effective referral mechanisms in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- A University degree in civil engineering with significant experience in Camp Management .
- Experience working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts; ability to remain calm and professional in tense situations
Flexible and creative
The post will be for (8) months contract duration with possible extension - subject to fund.
Salary: 4/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary grade.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Duty Station: Anbar/Ramadi with frequent visits to NRC field operations.
For more information, please find attached the Job Description
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Anbar
- Grade: Services and Support
- Emergency Aid
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-05-23