CCAP District Manager (Ali Abad District)
Application due: 16th May 2017
Title of Position: CCAP District Manager (Ali Abad District)
Job Number: HRM/KMO 34-17
Duty Station: Kunduz Province
Number of Positions: 1 (Male / Female)
Type of Contract: The position is Project-Based
Salary and benefits are according to internal SCA Salary scale
Non-monetary Benefits for Females:
Transportation close to residence and work, child nursery at workplace, safe travel facilities and companion to field trips, female association membership, trainings and capacity building
Scope of work
Beginning February 2017, the Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development will start the execution of the nationwide Citizen Charter Afghanistan Project (CCAP) aimed at reducing poverty and deepening the relationship between citizens and the state. Emerging from the rich learnings drawn from National Solidarity Programme, CCAP will focus on delivery of core infrastructure and social services through strengthened Community Development Councils (CDCs) and clusters of CDCs. SCA along with other partners intends to facilitate this interface through community-based activities in three provinces of Afghanistan.
We are looking for individuals to assume critical roles at our national and provincial offices. The CCAP District Manager, reporting to CCAP provincial Manager, ensures smooth functioning of project and district activities, enables a conducive work environment for team members of social organizers, sees to it that activities are in sync with budget and plans, and ensures that project outcomes and outputs are achieved. S/he will also ensure that there are regular internal meetings, CCAP activities on district level are achieved as per the plan and that citizens, community representatives, elected representatives, state appointees, and other stakeholders and social actors recognize the project and participate in project activities.
CCAP district manager is expected to be able to work independently, establish strong local support networks, and develop and apply appropriate solutions for problems if and when necessary.
- Management of project activities according to plan and budget on the district level.
- Imposing the field staff for implementation of SCA financial regulation and procedure in all CCAP project activities.
- Identify and ensure that the district team’s requirements for capacity building are met through on-the-job training, coaching, mentoring, self-directed learning and other means as appropriate.
- Prepare regular monthly and quarterly reports to the provincial office.
- Keeping updates of budget based on budget follow up and control the related budget.
- Do the related job as delegated by the CCAP Provincial manager.
- Follow-up of the day to day target achievements and having a proper plan for solving of technical and social problems of CDCs and Cluster CDCs.
- To promote and initiate meetings between CDCs governmental agencies. NGOs and other sectors at the district level.
- To give a recommendation to the CCAP Provincial manager on an identification of needed staff, the recruitment dismissal, disciplinary actions and promotion of CCAP district level staff.
Qualifications & Requirements
- University degree, preferably in BIT / BCS.
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or higher in rural development or social sciences and at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Candidates with Higher Secondary School Completion Certificate plus training and certifications completed in the relevant field and minimum 3 years of relevant work experience can also apply.
- We would prefer interviewing candidates who have worked in low-level management or senior technical positions in a large rural development project for a minimum period of 3 years in community governance / rural development projects.
- We also encourage candidates with excellent local knowledge and who have worked in mid to senior technical positions for 2 years in large CDD/rural development projects to apply.
Experience in the region and other requirements:
- Experience working for minimum 2 years in rural Afghanistan
- Working knowledge of English, Dari and Pashto.
- Sound decision making and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and database software
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send your application / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line must be (CCAP District Manager, HRM/KMO 34-17), otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Candidates may also submit applications by letter (hard copy) directly to the SCA HRM Unit in either Kabul, Ghazni, Kunduz, Wardak, Taloqan, Mazar-e-Sharif, Laghman or Jalalabad;
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.
Job number:HRM/KMO 34-17
Duty station:Kunduz Province
Application deadline:16 May 2017
- Organization: SCA - Swedish Committee for Afghanistan
- Location: Kunduz
- Grade: Mid level
- Social studies
- Closing Date: 2017-05-16