Education Assistant (National Position), Duhok - Iraq
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil and Kirkuk.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
Education Assistant is to assist in the day to day implementation of the Education project and will support all field level operations and supervise incentive workers.
The assistant will be responsible to Prepare and develop status reports as required by management and ensure proper filing of documents. In addition to that the Assistant is responsible to Promote and share ideas for technical improvement and will be under the supervision of Education Officer.
The position will be based in Duhok with Frequent visits to the field.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university graduated or advanced degree preferred,the candidate ideally should have previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts and ability to remain calm and professional in tense situations. The candidate should have experience in community mobilization and/or relationship building as well as Understanding of SPHERE and/or INEE minimum standards. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Strict adherence to the NRC Code of Conduct.
- Assist with the implementation of the education project according to the plan of action.
- Make decisions on the ground with limited or remote supervision.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Documented results related to previous responsibilities.
- Knowledge of English, Kurdish and Arabic.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work diligently both independently and in a team setting.
- Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The post will be for 7 months’ contract with possibility of extension - Subject to fund.
Salary: 4/1 According to NRC-Iraq's salary grade
Benefits: Health insurance
Duty Station: Dohuk with Frequent visits to other area offices
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the position
For more information, please find attached the Job Description
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Duhok
- Grade: Services and Support
- Emergency Aid
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-05-23