CON 2017/22- Consultant - DTM Officer (Analyst) - Erbil, Iraq
Position Title Consultant - DTM Officer (Analyst)
Duty Station : Erbil, Iraq
Classification :Consultant, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Consultant, 6 months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 23 May 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Iraq, the direct supervision of the DTM Coordinator and in coordination with the Information Management Unit, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Information Management team in the refinement and analysis of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) information management activities. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Conduct geographic and thematic analysis and reports on issues of relevance to the current displacement trends in Iraq.
2. Lead the DTM Emergency Tracking system (core DTM methodology) by collecting real time estimates, verify data from staff in the field, validate data through qualitative information and triangulation with other sources, and disseminate to relevant recipients. 3. Research, analyse, and report on DTM data, and support designing the IM products for technical and not audience.
4. Conduct data verification, triangulation and validation through multiple sources, both primary and secondary (including media monitoring, local authorities, network of key informants). 5. Lead the DTM reporting and analysis activities (core DTM methodology) by collating the DTM research components, coordinating and supervising the editing, publication and dissemination process.
6. Develop new or revise current survey and assessment forms, queries and reports as required.
7. Supporting the collation and analysis of data on emergency displacement needs and assistance being provided in a timely and efficient manner, and prepare draft technical reports, statistical analyses, information bulletins and other relevant information related to displacement-affected populations.
8. Lead ad hoc research questions, compile analysis and answer queries from external and internal stakeholders.
Page 1 / 39. Contribute to research projects based on the evolving humanitarian needs by designing the methodology, planning the operational phases, conducting analysis and producing deliverables. 10. Assist in the coordination of internal and external DTM capacity-buildininitiatives. 11. Supporting coordination with other sector working group information managers to ensure complementarity and cross-sectorial analysis of information on the disaster response. 12. Represent DTM team at inter-agency meetings concerned with information management, displacement monitoring, and analysis of information gaps in DTM databases. 13. Liaise with other UN agencies and government stakeholders with regards to DTM tools and methodologies, emergency tracking, and ad hoc queries.
14. Research, analyse and evaluate new applications related to information systems, to new technologies and processes to manage information in response to disasters and/or complex emergencies and make recommendations for their utilization.
15. Perform such duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Statistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. Experience
• Excellent knowledge of statistics, survey and assessment methodologies;
• Professional or academic experience in combined qualitative and quantitative research methods;
• Professional experience in coordinating multi-cultural teams and field-based staff; • Familiarity with Iraq and/or Middle East political and cultural context; • Excellent communication skills, efficiency and flexibility;
• Ability to work under pressure. Attention to detail and quality and capacity to meet deadlines; • Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
• Excellent writing skill and strong analytical skills and creative thinking. Proficiency in English required.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic and/or Kurdish is an advantage. Desirable Competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
Page 2 / 3• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 23 May 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 10.05.2017 to 23.05.2017
Requisition: CON 2017/24 - Consultant-DTM Officer (Analyst)Erbil, Iraq (55058338) Released Posting: Posting NC55058339 (55058339) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Erbil (Iraq)
- Grade: OTHE
- Closing Date: 2017-05-23
FS-6, Field Service - No need for Higher Education - Internationally recruited position
P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
New York City (United States of America)
P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
São Paulo (Brazil)