Finance Assistant - Gaziantep (Turkish Nationals Only) - Turkey
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of the Finance Officer position is to ensure proper day to day implementation of the Finance responsibilities and implement NRC’s Financial Systems and Procedures.
- GENERIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure adherence with NRC Financial Handbook, SOPs and other financial specific procedures.
- Timely records on NRC Accounting System (Agresso)
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of Finance documentation.
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process the day-to-day payment in cash and banks (suppliers, cash advances, staff etc.) and assisting finance team in accounting and finance operations
- Process the day-to-day payments and follow up on financial matters for Syria operation.
- Checking validity of financial documents and supporting documents in line with NRC Financial Handbook, SOPs and other financial specific procedures.
- Provide full support in generating backup documents to donor audits and statutory audit requirements.
- Ensures to keep accurate electronic and paper filing.
- Manage petty cash bookings and ensure daily recording of expenditures and ensuring accountancy records are booked on a timely manner.
- Reviews and posts accounting entries into accounting software (Agresso). Ensures there is proper supporting documentation for all payments and other accounting entries.
- Perform daily cash counts, cash inventory at the end of the month and Bank Reconciliations.
- Ensures to clear all Cash advance at the end of the each week and at the end of the month.
- Prepares all supporting documents for monthly external accounting and tax reports.
- Focal Person for NRC Syria operation financial matters in collaboration with NRC Finance team inside Syria
- Liaise with HR/Admin department for Syrian Staff - NRC Employee Financial Matters (timesheets, staff information etc.) inside Syria.
- Assist the finance team in providing transparent, timely and effective financial information
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- 1 year experience in a Finance role (Accountant, Cashier, Finance Assistant).
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business and Administration or finance-related fields.
- Proficiency in Turkish. Good level of English written and spoken.
- Good Excel Skills.
- Knowledge of any accounting system will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Arabic will be an asset.
- Handling insecure/changing environment
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Commencement :June 2017
- Contract Period : Until December 31st, 2017 (possible renewal)
- Salary / Benefits: According to NRC Salary Scale
- Duty Station: Gaziantep / Turkey
- Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for BOTH company and location
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Gaziantep
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Banking and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-05-17