Consultant - Programmatic Solutions Unit
Vienna | IAEA Headquarters
The Programmatic Solutions Unit (PSU), which is part of MTIT's Business Solutions Section (MTIT/BSS), provides business IT solutions to meet IAEA programme areas requirements. The PSU is led by a Unit Head, who reports to the Head of the Business Solutions section.
The Commissary Management Section (MTGS/CMS) would like to review its IT systems. They have become difficult to maintain and do not support new requirements. To this effect, MTGS/CMS would like to conduct business process analysis for the Commissary's IT-supported operations, with the objective of documenting existing processes, identifying process gaps and recommending process improvements. These findings will lead to the establishment of requirements for a new, integrated Commissary IT system.
Functions / Key Results Expected
1. Business analysis\: document existing processes, perform a gap analysis and provide recommendations for process improvement.
2. Requirements analysis\: capture requirements for a new IT system and document them.
3. Draft statement of work to initiate a procurement effort for the system identified as a result of the above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Skills and Expertise
Business System Analysis
Persuasion and influencing
Skills and Expertise
Storing and Warehousing
Inventory and Supply
Data and Information Analysis and Reporting
Qualifications and Experience
University degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
A minimum of five years of relevant experience in business analysis and requirements gathering for software solutions.
Experience in software project management with demonstrated abilities in terms of project planning and estimation, work assignment and supervision, and progress review and reporting.
Experience in the use of established formal methods and a disciplined approach to software engineering.
Fluency in written and spoken English.
The remuneration for this consultancy is a daily fee of up to a maximum of â¬ 324, based on qualifications and experience. In case duty travel is required within the assignment, a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and travel costs are provided. Health coverage and pension fund are the responsibility of the incumbent.
- Organization: IAEA - International Atomic Energy Agency
- Location: Vienna | IAEA Headquarters
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Nuclear Technology
- Energy sector
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2017-05-17