Logistics and Warehouse Assistant (National Contract)
WHO ARE WE?
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading global displacement agency working in 40 countries, in conjunction with our specialist mine action unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG), which has been working in Afghanistan since 1999. DRC commenced operations in Afghanistan in 2011 and is today a leading actor in humanitarian response with membership of the Humanitarian Country Team and recent high-level representation at the Brussels Conference on Afghanistan. DRC-DDG Afghanistan is part of DRC’s Central & South-West Asia (CASWA) region covering Afghanistan, Iran and Paki-stan. Within an overall strategic framework of responding to emergencies, seeking solutions to pro-tracted displacement; and tackling root causes, DRC-DDG Afghanistan’s current programming encompasses: mine action, emergency response, protection, armed violence reduction, and livelihoods. With more than 500 fulltime national and international staff members, offices in Kabul, Jalalabad, Kandahar, Herat and Mazar-i-Sharif and a portfolio in 2016 of USD 13 million, DRC-DDG Afghanistan is one of the largest INGOs operating in Afghanistan.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The position holder will support the area logistics officer in day to day activities. He/She will mainly look after warehouses and track inventories.
- Manage & supervise DRC Nangarhar warehouse and ensure that all items are received, dispatched and stored properly. Stock cards are accurately done and monthly stock reports are produced/shared to Logistics officer each month.
- Organize transport of goods/supplies from DRC Warehouse to field and coordinate on matters related to dispatch/delivery with the field.
- Fueling Vehicles + Generators fuel tank based on required and related documentation (Log book controls, payment of fuel supplier, filling the fuel Request form, etc.) process checkup of vehicles on regularly bases (seek support from Drivers)
- To do the consolidation of local procurement, and ensuring that DRC’s financial rules and procedures and standards are applied.
- Follow up the stock documents Waybill, Release Order, GIV, GNR, Stock Card, as proper system
- Stock separately sensitive materials.
- Reception of material delivered by suppliers and check of quantity and quality according to the Contract / PO
- Develop an action plan based on job description.
- Regular update of price lists and supplier profile form according to the DRC Procedure
- Weekly and monthly inventories following as DRC Stock Management Procedure
- Regular update the stock documents, Stock Care, Bin Card, Stock Registration,
- Performs other duties by line supervisor when required
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and Competencies
- More than 3 years of experience in the field of Logistics
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics or relevant field
English, Pashto and Dari
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
Collaboration: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC-DDG vision and values.
- Availability: 1 June 2017
- Duty station: Jalalabad, Afghanistan
- DRC-DDG will offer the successful applicant a fixed-term contract from 1 June 2017 to 31 October 2017.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC-DDG's Terms of Employment for national staff. This position will be placed at salary Grade E, level 1, basic 480 USD.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Applications close on 20 May 2017. However, please note due to the urgency of this position, shortlisting process will be ongoing. Should we find qualified candidates prior to expiry of this advert, interviews will be held immediately.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Jalalabad
- Grade: Services and Support
- Closing Date: 2017-05-20