Senior Director - Disaster Risk Reduction & Response
Atlanta | Washington D.C
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Senior Director - Disaster Risk Reduction & Response (DR3). This individual will work In close coordination with HFHI global Senior Leadership across the globe, oversee DR3 operations for International and US locations, consistent with HFHI’s mission and strategic plan.This opportunity will be based in HFHI's Headquarters office in Atlanta GA.
- Lead the global HFHI DR3 Leadership Team and the DR3 Community of Practice.
- Guide the ongoing development and implementation of DR3 systems and standards including, policies and practices; Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning approaches; financial, programmatic and donor reporting.
- Ensure the on-going capacity building of HFH DR3 personnel and volunteers.
- In times of emergency:
- Provide coordination between HFHI HQ functional units and field operations activities, resourcing (financial and human), DR³ program design, information sharing and other activities as required.
- Serve as one of HFHI's lead spokespersons for the organization's humanitarian work.
- Ensure HFHI abides by internationally accepted standards and codes
- Support resourcing HFHI’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Response capacity.
- Oversee HFHI’s active engagement and leadership in humanitarian fora, alliances and coalitions, connecting HFH to peer agencies and donor networks in the humanitarian community.
- Degree in a field related to the Shelter and Settlements Sector (Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Urban Planning, etc.) and/or International Development, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 12 years of progressive responsibility in management with exposure to humanitarian program design.
- 10 years operating within a multi-local network in a consultative role.
- 5 years managing a multi-national / multi-located team.
- Operations or project management experience in humanitarian / disaster response shelter and settlements sector.
- Successful experience operating in challenging international settings
- Demonstrated expertise in operationalizing (developing, implementing, managing, measuring and learning from) large scale humanitarian / disaster response projects and programs while maintaining schedule integrity and cost controls.
- Excellent public speaking capacity and deploying of staff and contractors.
To be considered for this opportunity, please be sure to apply directly at : https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/senior-director-disaster-risk-reduction-response
- Organization: Habitat for Humanity
- Location: Atlanta | Washington D.C
- Grade: Senior
- Security policy
- Closing Date: 2017-06-11