SVN 2017/88 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P2) - Mogadishu, Somalia
Position Title Resource Management Officer
Duty Station : Mogadishu, Somalia
Classification :Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 25 May 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo
Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia,
Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya,
Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru,
Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, United Republic of
Tanzania, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela
(Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO) and the overall supervision of Chief of Mission (CoM) in Somalia and in collaboration with the relevant units at Headquarters (HQs) and the Administrative Centres (MAC and PAC), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the budgetary, financial, human resources and administrative functions of the Mission and its sub-offices. Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide administrative support in monitoring and overseeing the financial management for all activities in Somalia, including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability and undertake preliminary financial analysis of projects implemented in the respective Somalia Offices.
2. Provide input for donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
3. Assist SRMO to forecast cash flows in Somalia and ensure daily control of funds disbursed; verify that funding is received in accordance with donor agreements. Page 1 / 34. Prepare portions of the annual budget for Somalia, in coordination with the relevant project coordinators. Monitor the budget control process and analyze variances between budget(s) and actual expenditures on a monthly basis and assist in the preparation of budgets for new projects.
5. Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM's projectization criteria.
6. Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the relevant areas of administration and finance.
7. Assist in the supervision of the Mission's administrative functions, including recruitment, personnel administration, and other related activities, in accordance with the Organization's policies and procedures.
8. Assist SRMO to liaise with other functional units of the Mission, and provide support in liaising with institutional counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function.
9. Liaise with relevant units at Headquarters (HQs) and Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi, Kenya with regard to the financial and administrative activities of the Mission.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting;
• Experience with internal control assessment, internal and/or external/project audits; • Ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
• Knowledge of IOM/UN regulations, policies and procedures;
• Experience with international institutions knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP is highly desirable;
• Knowledge of IOM/UN accounting systems, software and procedures is an advantage. Languages
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Somali is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
Page 2 / 3• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services; • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 25 May 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 12.05.2017 to 25.05.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/88 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P2) - Mogadishu, Somalia (55059674) Released
Posting: Posting NC55059683 (55059683) Released
Page 3 / 3
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Mogadishu
- Grade: P-2, International Professional - Junior level
- Closing Date: 2017-05-25