Administrative Assistant, GS-3, UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen
The Admin Unit within the Financial Management and Administration Centre at UNICEF Supply Division is looking for a dedicated Administrative Assistant, GS-3 level to perform a variety of clerical duties along with driving office vehicles when required.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
For every child, commitment
The Administration unit of Supply Division, Copenhagen which is part of the Financial Management and Administration center, supports UNICEF’s work for children by offering services to all UNICEF SD staff members on a daily basis in the areas of transport and travel, office facilities management general administration services, staff safety and security and coordinating meetings/conferences and workshops which facilitates Supply Division staff to carry their duties in support of children efficiently and effectively.
How can you make a difference?
The incumbent provides a variety of clerical duties to the Administrative Services Unit and drives office vehicles when required.
- Collects, sorts and distributes in a timely manner incoming and internal mail, diplomatic post/pouch and courier mail and packages. Collates and franks outgoing mail.
- Sorts, registers and documents all outgoing courier despatches approximately 2000 a year. This includes preparing PC airway bills, pro forma invoices for dutiable shipments, traces missing/delayed dispatches, updates the consignee database and arranges daily manifest.
- When requested, assists with conference room set-ups and ensures that meeting rooms are adequately stocked with the necessary supplies.
- Assists with the physical move of furniture and equipment in offices and meeting rooms when requested.
- Ensures that the stock level of office stationery and supplies is adequately maintained. Arranges for distribution of the same in accordance with requisitions. Ensures that sufficient copy paper is distributed and available daily for photocopiers and fax machines.
- Daily driving duties include collection of mail from the post office, meeting and transporting official guests to/from airport, transportation of staff and official guests to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other UN agencies and Diplomatic Missions as requested
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., and arranges for all repairs and service. Ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
- Logs official trips and mileage daily. Reports any personal use by authorized staff-members to the senior Admin. Assistant, /supervisor for billing.
- Assists in the regular physical count of office furniture and equipment.
- Back-up for the Receptionists. Assists with switchboard operation when requested.
- Performs additional tasks as required, due to exigencies of work.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an office administrative position combined with at least 1 year of professional driving experience.
- Valid Danish driving license for category B with a clean and safe driving record.
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in operating office equipment such as photocopiers and printers.
- Willing to work flexible hours when required on an adhoc basis, for example when there are high profile guests and visitors and during meetings/workshops and emergencies situations.
- Good customer service skills.
- Fluency in English and Danish.
- Residency and valid work permit for Denmark.
- D1 driving license.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
To view our competency framework, please click here.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Copenhagen
- Grade: GS-3, General Service
- Closing Date: 2017-05-28