The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. The Danish Demining Group (DDG) is the mine action and armed violence reduction unit within DRC and focuses on freeing communities from the fear of mines, explosive remnants of war and armed violence.
Danish Demining Group has been operational in Ukraine since 2014 focusing on educating civilians as to the dangers of landmines and explosive remnants of war and conducting survey and marking of hazardous areas away from the contact line in government controlled areas.
DDG is now seeking to hire a Communications Officer to support ongoing risk education projects in eastern Ukraine. The Communication Officer will report to DDG Head of Programme and be based in Kyiv, with frequent travel to Eastern Ukraine. Contract length is 6 months with possibility of extension.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
Liaise with Ukrainian media agencies to resume and expand on a previously-implemented public information campaign (TV, radio, online) for mine action key safety messages in support of multi-donor projects.
Manage communications activities within specified budget.
Promoting work of DRC/DDG through regular social media updates.
Supporting with the writing and publication of the DRC/DDG monthly newsletter.
Other relevant, ad-hoc duties as assigned by the Head of Programme.
To be successful at this role you need to have the essential Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- University degree in related discipline.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience working with communication, Ukrainian media or another relevant area (Campaigning, public information, public relations, marketing and/or equivalent).
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must.
- Fluency in spoken and written Russian/Ukrainian.
- Experience with implementing communications projects in Ukraine.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation work.
- Experience or knowledge of social media/digital marketing.
- Highly proficient on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong and diplomatic interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to convincingly engage with authorities at all levels.
- Well organized and diligent.
- Flexibility and solution-oriented.
- Excellent team player; willing to assist with tasks outside of the scope of their role in order to get the task done.
- Works well to deadlines and effectively prioritises workload.
- Willing to travel and work away from home for limited periods.
DRC will offer the successful applicant fixed-term employment contract from 1st of June 2017 to 31 December 2017 renewable dependent on funding and performance.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Local Nationals. This position is opened only for Ukrainian citizens or residents and is classified at level B1. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of nationality, race, gender or age.
Interested? Go to www.drc.dk and find Current Vacancies. Find the job on the list and apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
As DRC wishes to develop and retain talented staff, we strongly encourage qualified internal candidates to apply.
If you have questions, or encounter problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close date: Tuesday, 23 May 2017. If an appropriate candidate is identified, DRC reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.
Please note that applications sent directly to DRC staff will not be considered. For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.dk
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Kyiv
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-05-30