We are looking for a highly qualified candidate to contribute in all Shelter activities.
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450-national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations.
About the job
in coordination and cooperation with other support units, and supervised by the Shelter Team Leader and Shelter Project Officer, the Admin Assistant is responsible for providing assistance in various administrative tasks within the Shelter Department in South Central.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Support the HR/Admin in obtaining required documents from shelter team members
· Ensure that national staff timesheets are submitted on time
· Focal point for HR for shelter staff attendance
· Ensure the DRC Shelter Contact list is updated regularly
· Ensure proper follow-up for all needs in office supplies for shelter departments in all offices
· Provide support in accommodation and travel arrangements
· Provide support in obtaining facilitation letters and access letters as needed
· Acting as liaison between all Shelter Departments in South Central for administrative and logistical issues
· Follow up on administrative shelter related processes as requested by other units within DRC (Finance, Admin, HR and Procurement)
· Support procurement department in data entry & analyses for shelter processes
· Organize and maintain a filing system of shelter related documents
· Translate shelter related documents from English to Arabic and vice versa
· Draft documents/letters as requested to other stakeholders as governmental authorities
· Assist in scanning and filing of Shelter/HR/Admin/Finance documents
· Ensure that copies of relevant sub office documents are filed in the Baghdad office
· Other duties as assigned by the direct line manager(s)
To be successful in this role you must have:
· Relevant university degree or similar education
· Minimum of one year experience in Admin or HR position, experience in the NGO sector is an asset
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
· Very good English skills
· Good computer skills (especially MS Word and Excel)
· Strong organisational skills
· Ability to prioritise large and changeable workload
· Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
· Able to work independently and energetically
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 6 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 1 June 2017 and be willing and able to work in Baghdad, Anbar &Tikrit.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level B2.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 31 May 2017. The interviews are expected to take place 31 May 2017.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to email@example.com will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Baghdad
- Grade: Level not specified
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2017-05-31