Senior Development Manager, Education
Washington D.C | Washington D.C
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
The Education Senior Development Manager is responsible for positioning IREX for new opportunities and to generate new business. Specifically, s/he is responsible for helping grow IREX’s portfolio of programs that relate to primarily Education programing and will also contribute to Leadership and Youth programming, as well as, other IREX Practice areas. S/he is an integral part of the NBDU team and reports to the Director of the NBDU. In addition, s/he coordinates activities with other members of the NBDU team, members of the IREX Practices and field office, and the Vice President of the Strategy and Development Group.
The Education Senior Development Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient implementation of the IREX’s Annual Business Development Plan and contributes directly to meeting the expected results of the NBDU. S/he actively contributes to the overall growth of IREX and will identify, design, and secure new funding opportunities to expand IREX’s program opportunities in core program areas worldwide. This work will involve international travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Track and gain intelligence to advance IREX’s new business opportunities in the Education, Leadership, and Youth sectors.
- Write technical narratives, concepts, expressions of interest, or other documents primarily in the Education Sector; contribute to writing needs for the Youth and Leadership sectors;
- Lead proposal development and management efforts to ensure quality and timely submission;
- Review funding trends and intel to inform new business development;
- Track, gain and share intelligence on business development opportunities;
- Contribute to proposal development in strategy meetings and partner discussions;
- Develop and manage relationships with IREX’s funders, partners, etc.;
- Conduct reconnaissance missions for project development;
- Contribute to partnership strategies and preparation of teaming agreements;
- Support proposal development efforts to ensure quality and timely submission;
- Help identify COPs and other key personnel and participate in interviews;
- Oversee the development of relevant new business promotional materials and their dissemination to target audiences, when necessary;
- Promote IREX’s participation and represent IREX in conferences and industry functions;
- Mentor and train staff and interns, when required.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 7-10 years of professional experience in new business development;
- Technical expertise in education, leadership, and/or youth sectors; specific expertise in teacher training, secondary education, higher education, youth employment, and/or international leadership development programming a plus.
- Proven capacity as a strong, persuasive, proposal lead and writer who can write all sections of a proposal with minimal oversight. Ability to conceptualize and write winning proposals for projects funded by the Department of State, USAID, the UN, and other donors;
- A established network of international development client, partner, and practitioners contacts, primarily in the education, leadership, and/or youth sectors and other relevant to IREX’s core areas;
- Ability to put together effective consortia and teams for proposals funded by the US Department of State, USAID, the UN, and other donors;
- Ability to conduct proposal development efforts, including design, partnering, and budgeting, and ensure quality and timely submission;
- Willingness to travel to developing countries, estimated at up to 20% of the time;
- Powerful organization skills; ability to manage teams, build relationships, and negotiate effectively.
- Fluency in a language other than English preferred;
- International experience a must; experience in the Middle East or Africa preferred.
- Advanced degree in a related field preferred.
Go to https://www.irex.org/careers?p=job%2FoBr14fwR and apply via our website. Please supply a resume and a cover letter with your application.
- Organization: IREX
- Location: Washington D.C | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Office Management, Administration and Finance
- Education, Learning and Training
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2017-07-31