ICLA Officer - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kunar - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Provide free legal information, counseling and assistance to refugee returnees, IDPs and host community (beneficiaries) consistent with the applicable laws and procedures, including timely and appropriate follow-up appeals etc.
- Remain updated on current legislation and legal developments in Afghanistan and international protection frameworks.
- Accurately register cases in the electronic database.
- Maintain and update hard copy files of documents and pleadings in individual cases.
- Participate in field visits for identification and follow up of cases, when scheduled.
- Participate in preparation of monthly reports, thematic reports, and correspondence with government officials and international organizations.
- Bring legal problems of clients to the attention of relevant departments/stakeholders.
- Represent NRC in national and internal meetings, when requested.
- Respect the anonymity of clients approaching NRC and the confidentiality of information received from any clients at all time.
- Provide technical legal analysis and advisories to the ICLA program.
- Prepare legal documentation to the ICLA clients required along the process of formal and informal dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Regular monitoring and tracking to ensure the project implementation meets the program and donor requirements.
- Develop regular plans and monitor the implementation of the plans taking corrective measures as necessary.
- Assist in ensuring optimal use of financial resources
- Networking, exchange information and co-operate with other local and international key actors, represent NRC/ICLA in networks in consultations with Project Manager.
- Any other tasks as instructed by immediate superior.
- University degree from faculty of law or Sharia, and a thorough knowledge of Afghan laws; and international framework related to the beneficiaries.
- Work experience in the field of law 3-4 years (e.g. courts, attorney or legal aid agencies). Preferably experience of working with clients; Work experience from national or international organizations (Experience with returnees/IDPs issues is an asset);
- Experience from working in a project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of the local languages (Pashto and Dari) and English is recommended
- knowledge of Afghanistan legal system
- knowledge of IDP policy
- Candidate must have valid AIBA license
- Education title: University degree from faculty of law or Sharia, and a thorough knowledge of Afghan laws; and international framework related to the beneficiaries.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected