HR Assistant (National Position), Kirkuk Office
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Baghdad, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk and Hamam Al-Alil.
NRC national program strategy for 2016 takes a whole of Iraq approach focusing on CCCM, WASH, Shelter, Education, Emergency Cash modalities, housing and land property (HLP) and Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). In 2016, NRC will continue to consolidate operations in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I) by providing care and maintenance facilities in IDPs camps, strengthening the relevant government authorities and building systems more at community levels as opposed to household level for successful exit, while also considerably scaling up operations in the South-Central regions of Iraq (with focus on the Anbar and Baghdad Governorates). A further priority will be to reach populations in harder to access areas through working with implementing national partners, established community network contacts and UN-led Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM). Target caseload will be people affected by displacement including IDPs in camps, IDPs outside of camps, host communities, returnees and refugees.
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. HR assistant will report to HR officer. The position will be based in Kirkuk with some visits to site operations of NRC.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
A university graduate with at least (1) year of experience from working as a Support Function assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context. The candidate ideally should have previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts. The candidate should have documented results related to the position responsibilities. Fluency in spoken, written Arabic, Kurdish and English languages. Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the staff recruitment throughout the process.
- To maintain good archiving system for HR files.
- Ensure and maintain daily management of the attendance sheet.
- Ensure and maintain up to date records of the staff leave
- Ensure monthly timesheet are done by staff within the office area and kept at HR files.
- To maintain the incentive workers records in the line with NRC related SOP
- Assist on preparing the monthly payroll.
- Assist in plan and support on the staff performance management and appraisal calendar and content
- To facilitate and advise staff on the local medical insurance
- To report all HR activities in Weekly/ Monthly basis to the line manager.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Wide knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector
- A strong administrative service orientation
- Keen sense of compliance with policy and procedure
- Good employer-employee contract negotiation skills
- Personal conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Basic employee counselling skills
- Highly confidential
The post will be for (12) months contract duration with possibility of extension - subject to fund
Salary: 4/1 according to NRC-Iraq's salary grade.
Benefits: Health insurance.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the position
Duty Station: Kirkuk with some visits to site operations of NRC
For more information, please find attached the job description.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Kirkuk
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Human Resources
- Administrative support
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2017-06-04