Information Communication Technology (ICT) Assistant, GS 6, Fixed Term
The United Nations Children’s Fund Jordan Country Office based in Amman, seeks a qualified and experienced person for its Operations Section at the Common Services Unit.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
How can you make a difference?
Under the direct supervision of the ICT Officer, ICT Assistant is to provide ICT support for JCO users and outside support for external events. In addition, the incumbent communicates with users and ICT Management, and escalates incidents to MENARO/GSSC/ICTD as required. The post performs AD accounts and mailing lists review, and after-hours/weekend ICT support.
- Provides help-desk/ first line user support and resolve day to day hardware/software problems for all UNICEF ICT equipment’s, VHF handheld and mobile radios, IP phones and peripherals. Resolves and closes all calls passed on from the first line, and, as necessary, seeks further support from second line.
- Assist with maintaining ICT inventory and conduct regular check one the ICT inventory.
- Assist in administration of the network infrastructure.
- Provide day to day user support in supporting Remote Operation / events and Business Continuity.
To qualify as an ICT advocate for every child you will have…
- Education: Completed secondary education supplemented by training through university courses in computer science. Computer literacy and ability to effectively use standard office software, tools and technologies. A first University Degree in Computer/Information, System Management will be an asset.
- Experience: Six years practical professional work experience in information technology, as well as systematic methods of troubleshooting and analytical problem solving, providing assistance to users on ICT products and services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools. Practical experience with various computer platforms and applications: operating systems, email and database systems, Microsoft Office product suites, Help Desk software, advanced PC/laptop/printer installation, configuration, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.