DCA-NCA-Deputy Head of Programme (DHoP)
DCA-NCA is looking for a senior national staff who can take up a strong role in managing our diverse and growing portfolio of projects and partners.
We are looking for a senior professional with experience in building networks, advocating with government authorities, managing program staff and building strong systems for program management and quality assurance.
DCA-NCA is in an exciting process of empowering Myanmar staff to take over more key management roles in the organization. The Deputy Head of Programme position is an important step in this direction.
Depending on the exact profile of the candidate, the DHoP will be responsible for a) project development and quality assurance, b) networking and advocacy and c) strategy development.
Key responsibilities for this position are to:
• Ensure that projects and partnerships are in line with organisational and country-specific strategies and that projects are continuously reviewed and adapted to the context and needs on the ground.
• Guarantee the technical quality of DCA-NCA programming, incl. compliance with Core Humanitarian Standards, a Human Rights-based Approach and that internal project management guidelines are followed.
• Ensure timely and high-quality reporting, data collection and analysis.
• Together with the rest of management, take a leading role in strategy development and major planning exercises.
• Advice or lead engagement with government officials, Myanmar civil society and other stakeholders in a context-sensitive and result-oriented manner.
• Mentor and guide program officers to ensure timely, effective and high-quality delivery of our programme.
• Participate actively in the country management team.
The exact division of labour between the Deputy and Head of Programme will be determined based on the individual experience and competencies of the applicant.
• Relevant Masters or Bachelor Degree.
• Expert proficiency in English.
• At least 6 years of experience working with project/programme management and administration.
• Documented experience leading local partnerships and capacity-building processes.
• Documented experience in designing, monitoring and implementing projects around some of the following areas: human rights, governance, resilience, livelihoods, DRR and humanitarian response.
• Excellent network amongst Myanmar civil society and with government authorities.
• Strong networking skills and experience designing advocacy strategies.
• Documented experience managing teams of highly skilled professionals.
• Ability to organise, establish priorities, and to plan accordingly
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, especially Outlook, Excel and Word.
The benefit package for the position includes a competitive remuneration depending on education and level of experience. Other benefits include annual bonus, pension scheme and medical insurance.
Starting date: July 2017
Closing Date: Applications will be continuously reviewed. First interviews will be in early June 2017.
Please submit your CV, application letter and three current references using the DCA on-line application system.
DCA promotes equal opportunity in terms of gender, race/ethnicity and belief and encourages all qualified and interested candidates to apply.
A full job description and additional information about terms and conditions can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications send to this address will not be considered. Please note that only candidates shortlisted for written tests and interviews will be contacted.
About the Country Programme:
In Myanmar we work to SAVE lives through humanitarian action, BUILD strong and resilient communities, and FIGHT injustice and inequality.
Through a joint office and country programme, Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) and DanChurchAid (DCA), support local and national civil society in their work for human rights, development and resilient communities.
We work with a range of stakeholders e.g. community leaders and civil society organisations, relevant government offices on all levels, and faith-based and secular NGOs. We help our local partners through capacity-building, networking and accompaniment,
We work with communities and local human rights defenders so that they can participate in a democratic society, enjoy their rights and eliminate or prevent human rights abuses and discrimination, such as gender-based violence. We also work to build platforms where local authorities and communities can come together and find solutions to development issues in a participatory, accountable manner that respect rule of law.
Natural disasters and conflict threaten the lives and dignity of people in Myanmar. We help people recover from disasters through timely humanitarian assistance. We assist people in generating resilient livelihoods, and manage natural resources in a sustainable way. We also work with local communities to build safer communities free of violence through our community safety methodologies and mine risk education.
We work with local partners and have 25+ staffs in Myanmar. For further information, please refer to www.danchurchaid.org
Closing Date: 29. May.2017
- Organization: DCA - DanChurchAid
- Location: Yangon
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2017-05-29