Guard - (only open for Afghan nationality) - Job Location: Kuner - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Ensures the security and safety of NRC Offices, assets and staff members.
- Prevents unauthorized access, perimeter incursions and surveillance activities against NRC.
- Checks visitors / beneficiaries entering the premises.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees.
- Controls access/egress of NRC vehicles.
- Patrols and maintains security of the office premises and grounds on a frequent but irregular basis.
- Undertakes a physical check of all exterior doors and windows at night to ensure they are secure.
- Take immediate action in the event of an attack or intrusion: calls security services for immediate assistance.
- In event of fire, he/she is to act as per NRC’s SOPs.
- Records all visitors in the logbook – those entering and departing NRC premises.
- Ensure visitors/beneficiaries do not wander around NRC premises.
- Checks and records all NRC assets leaving the premises.
- Briefs replacement about their routine and significant incidents.
- Maintains and operates generators.
- Assists employees / residents / guests when handling their luggage and office equipment.
- Fulfilling any other related tasks that may be assigned by supervisor.
- Completion of secondary or high school
- Communication (oral and written) in Dari / Pashtu and in English is preferred.
- At least 1-2 years working experience in relevant field, preferably experience of work with a NGO.
- Must be honest, well mannered and neat in appearance.
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and to work long hours both day and night shifts.
- Education title: Completion of secondary or high school
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected