Distribution Coordinator - Azaz (Local hire)
Azaz | Syria
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To organize the distribution teams and assign members for distribution of food and non-food items. Ensure proper monitoring and accurate documentation including delivery and distribution of all commodities handled by WV office.
A. COMMODITY MANAGEMENT AND DISTRIBUTION
- We are stewards through whom the donors channel assistance to the communities. Monitor that all commodities entrusted to World Vision arriving at distribution centers are properly accounted for.
· Ensure that the most needy / vulnerable members of the community are properly targeted and protected. Ensure the registration process is well planned and documented.
· Take active role in the registration and verification of beneficiaries to ensure that the process is fair.
- On Sit Monitoring: To carry out periodic checks on the amount of food received by the beneficiary, to make sure the amount is corresponding with the ration size. Carry out random checks on those beneficiaries who received and make sure they got the proper ration.
· Monitor the proper organization of the distribution place by the team members. To check that all the announcement, ration size, distribution rules, donor and WV logos, the rope, the scoops and the scales are present, visible and used correctly by the team members.
· Monitor, if all commodities arriving at the distribution centers are convoyed by Waybill. Ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill. Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any. All observations must be recorded immediately. Monitor if commodities are carefully be counted during off-loading.
· Further on during the distribution in the presence of the distribution officer to check the commodities remaining in the center and reconcile it with the commodities distributed according to the ledger. Any found difference in the balance must be explained by the distribution officer.
- Office Monitoring: Review randomly selected waybills, dispatch authorization, distribution plan, and daily, monthly distribution report. To provide reports to the FSL Officer summarizing the errors found during the month, including errors at the distribution place and in the office.
· Ensure attendance register is signed by distribution officers at the beginning of each working day. This should be practiced on days which distribution officers are working.
B. BENEFICIARY IDENTIFICATION, SELECTION AND REGISTRATION
- To check the identification documents of beneficiaries to ensure that they are correct and there are no discrepancies in which team is distributing to which group of beneficiaries. To complete error forms for any discrepancies and have the form signed by the Commodity Assistant.
- During the distribution to interview some beneficiaries at random in order to find out their attitude towards the Food Assistance Program, World Vision and its teams, the problems they have encountered. Whenever possible also to interview the village or district authorities regarding food assistance, distribution of commodities, problems with the beneficiaries. The comments must be recorded and shared with the FSL Officer immediately.
- To assist in resolving any problems that occur at the site with documentation, people not listed for receiving assistance or those people, who are without a ration card but are included in the list and any other problems.
1. Ensure an orderly and fair distribution of commodities using the approved ration sizes. Supervise the distribution of the commodities to the beneficiaries. Beneficiaries must sign or thumbprint against their names on the beneficiary lists as proof that they received their food rations.
2. Supervise loading of food that is left over after distributions. Ensure that a waybill is prepared for food to be returned to the warehouse.
D. COMMODITY ACCOUNTING
Prepare daily distribution center visit reports and Food Monitors report. This is a MUST ensure proper completion and safe return of all tally documents and beneficiary lists to the head office for safe storage. Ensure proper accounting of all quantities of commodities received and distributed at each center.
To carry out other monitoring activities at the direction of the FSL Officer and to inform the errors and extraordinary cases during observations. Working beyond normal working hours might be required from time to time.
E. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Ø Diploma/certificate in accounting, business administration or supply chain and logistics management.
- Knowledge and Skills
Ø Must have excellent planning, organizing skills, problem solving and experience in implementation of good systems to track commodities transactions and accountability.
Ø Requires excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
Ø Proven ability in relating with communities and local governmental authorities.
Ø Able to work in demanding environment and adaptable to rapidly changing contexts.
Ø Good computer skills especially in word and excel.
Ø Must have at least 2 year experience in warehousing, logistics, commodity management preferably within World Vision.
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV in English addressing relevant qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail. (Please ensure that CV includes names and contact details of at least 3 referees/references).
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submitting the applications is 3 June 2017. Applications submitted before the deadline will be reviewed and considered upon receipt.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Azaz | Syria
- Grade: Junior
- Closing Date: 2017-06-03